Need help finding a good HDTV

Jordannn15

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I need help finding the best television under $400.

Things I want it to have:

- 1080p or higher resolution
- 32" or larger screen size
- Atleast 1 hdmi port

If I forgot anything let me know or ask me! Thanks in advance and hopefully this thread is in the correct place.

Solution

allisonfranz

Reputable
Jul 23, 2014
I recommend a size of at least 32 inches for a bedroom TV and at least 50 inches for a living room or main TV -- and 60 inches or larger is best. If you're replacing an existing TV set, those sizes might seem too big (tube televisions had a typical maximum size of 36 inches) but trust me, a big TV is a wonderful thing.

In fact, more than any other "feature" like Smart TV, 3D or higher refresh rates, stepping up in TV screen size is the best use of your money. One of the most common post-TV-purchase complaints I've heard is from people who didn't go big enough.

The upper limit will be determined by your budget, taste, and by the space where you want to put the TV. If you want to fit an existing entertainment center, make sure you have at least an inch on the sides and top of the TV cavity to allow for ventilation. Or just junk that old furniture and get a bigger TV.

My first HDTV was a Samsung, and it was out for the garbage just after 2 years later. Known problem with the capacitators that the company really did not wish to deal with. When I brought it to the shop, I as told there was no simple fix, and the cost of the repair was exceeding the cost of a new TV! Samsung... never again!

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-384851/samsung-capacitor-problem/

The Tech Guy

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014

So you prefer not to go with a Samsung then ? I can understand that..... I just know that Samsung has been one of the most reputable brands in HDTVs along with Panasonic, LG, and recently Vizio has been doing great.

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-power-defect-causes-some-tvs-to-fail-and-a-class-action-suit-follows/

All I can say is that Samsung knew they had a problem with their TV's, and they were unwilling to fix my barely over 2 year set. They won't be getting any of my dough again. I have been satisfied with Vizio on 2 sets, one 3 years old, and the other 2 years, and I can recommend them from my experience.

TRENDING THREADS