Question Need help finding a good psu for 2060 super

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
I recently bought a rtx 2060 super for super cheap and im reusing the psu i had for my rx 570

I bought a prebuilt pc about a year ago with a built in 850w psu, its a non modular psu thst was good for a rx 570, it has a 8 pin connector but the rtx 2060 super i have needs 8 pin + 6 pin connectors
I bought a 2 molex to 6 pin adapter and the gpu works fine for now but im afraid that it will be a temporary solution so i try not to play for a while

Now im planning to buy a decent psu but need recommendations, i dont know much about psus andi dont plan to upgrade for 5 years and would like to spend about 200 dollars on a decent psu

Lutfij

Titan
Can you parse a link to the prebuilt system? Would you be able to list the specs to your build?

built in 850w psu
Maybe take the side panel off your prebuilt and see if you can identify the PSU using it's stickers...?

it has a 8 pin connector but the rtx 2060 super i have needs 8 pin + 6 pin connectors
If the PSU you own doesn't have the necessary connectors, then it's a good idea to get a PSU that has the necessary connectors(out of the box).

As for your PSU purchase, where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase?

painessoupei

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
The case is stars solutions gm06, the psu is called stars solutions ss 850w, im not home atm so i cant take a picture... but looking at google the psu is nowhere to be found

Im in serbia and mostly buy from a site called gigatron but there are so many psus i cant find the best one for my needs

I also have i7 9700kf, 2 ssds, 1 hdd, 16gb ram, rtx 2060 super rog strix, nzxt x63 and 3 fans

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The case is stars solutions gm06, the psu is called stars solutions ss 850w, im not home atm so i cant take a picture... but looking at google the psu is nowhere to be found

Im in serbia and mostly buy from a site called gigatron but there are so many psus i cant find the best one for my needs

I also have i7 9700kf, 2 ssds, 1 hdd, 16gb ram, rtx 2060 super rog strix, nzxt x63 and 3 fans

That PSU definitely wasn't actually 850W or good for an RX 570. A legit 850W PSU will go for twice that in the US (which tends to have better prices) and won't have a case along with it either. Even here, 90% of cases that have included PSUs include junk ones.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of shady, cheap junk mislabeled to rip off customers, especially in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia. You can even see a lot of these on Gigatron's website. For example, nJoy is notable for making PSUs with fake ratings and giving themselves fraudulent 80 Plus badges that were not actually given to them.

These are the cheapest budget PSUs on Gigatron worth buying with a quality GPU that isn't of the 3080/3090 level.

https://gigatron.rs/napajanja/asus-napajanje-tuf-gaming-650w-tuf-gaming-650b-402890

https://gigatron.rs/napajanja/bequiet-napajanje-pure-power-11-cm-bn298-472463

All the ones cheaper are either unsuitable for a 2060 Super build or just outright awful.

The really good ones start at a little more money.

https://gigatron.rs/napajanja/nzxt-napajanje-c-series-c550-pa-5b1bb-eu-461859