Need help finding a replacement fan for Zotac Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB mini.

Jeger

Reputable
May 21, 2015
Im having trouble finding an replacement fan for my graphics card. Most of them are too big and wont fit on the heatsink and i cant attach them using zip ties because it would block the gpu pins.
Could anyone help me out ?

Solution
Worst case, buy a replacement cooler. Plenty of replacement air coolers for GPUs from companies like Arctic Cooling. You could convert it over to run off an all-in-one CPU cooler with an NZXT Kraken bracket.

But if you just want a quick fix: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PfXfrH/noctua-case-fan-nfa9x14

A 92mm fan, just take the old fan and shroud off, and strap this to it. (Or use screws, those extruded heatsinks are fairly easy to get a decent grip with some case screws, just thread them in between the fins)

A couple of cheaper 92mm offerings out there, but you do want a static pressure fan like that Noctua for pushing around a heatsink.

These would need to be plugged into the motherboard for control. Usually not easy to wire...

Jeger

Reputable
May 21, 2015

The fan for some reason started to pop out of its place and was constantly hitting the heatsink making a ton of noise. Eventually it just died and stopped working. I also cant return it because the warranty ran out a while back.

Really not in warranty i thought it was supposed to 3 Years

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Zotac graphics cards have 2 years of base warranty. Plus 3 years if you register it within 30 days of buying it.

Also, the card cannot be out of warranty as the GTX 1060s were launched in June or july 2016. Your graphics card should still be in warranty and you should really approach Zotac as getting a fan for it may prove to be difficult from third party.

Jeger

Reputable
May 21, 2015

Well then i messed up, already dismantled the card to apply thermal compund. So im pretty sure the warranty has been voided.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Worst case, buy a replacement cooler. Plenty of replacement air coolers for GPUs from companies like Arctic Cooling. You could convert it over to run off an all-in-one CPU cooler with an NZXT Kraken bracket.

But if you just want a quick fix: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PfXfrH/noctua-case-fan-nfa9x14

A 92mm fan, just take the old fan and shroud off, and strap this to it. (Or use screws, those extruded heatsinks are fairly easy to get a decent grip with some case screws, just thread them in between the fins)

A couple of cheaper 92mm offerings out there, but you do want a static pressure fan like that Noctua for pushing around a heatsink.

These would need to be plugged into the motherboard for control. Usually not easy to wire fans up to a GPU without a lot more information.

Solution

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
That's tough man. Sorry to hear that.

I did a bit of googling and found that the fan size is 90 mm -ish. Not standard. See if you can find some cheap 1060 stock cooler as spare on ebay or on your local shopping sites. If you don't find any, then I guess your best bet would be get one of those expensive GPU coolers and even then they might not fit it, as they are usually made for the reference graphics cards. But, lets keep this discussion open and see if anybody else has a better idea.

Jeger

Reputable
May 21, 2015

This is in norwegian but could you translate and see if this one would work ? Im usually good with computers but i have never actually replaced a fan so im unsure.

https://www.komplett.no/product/770805/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/vifterkjoelingvannkjoeling/vifter/noctua-nf-a9x14-pwm-92mm-vifte?offerId=KOMPLETT-310-770805#

Im still not sure exactly how i would attach it to the heatsink but i might just have to get creative.

Jan 31, 2019
My fan broke a blade. I have the Zotac GTX 1060 6gb. I have already fixed it. I came across this post when searching for one and want to post my answer for any future people looking for a fan. No matter the fan I found, it didn't fit. I found one on Amazon for 9.99 with prime 2nd day shpping (Price can vary as of 1/31/2019) that fits perfectly.
This is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FP9S1JK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It will have an extra long wire but just tuck it in and you'll be fine. Temperatures are close to what they were before. Keep all screws! Goodluck!