Need help finding out my PCs weakness with preformance

SAGEZILLA

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
So I have what I thought was a good computer but it always seems to be lagging no matter what I do. I was wondering if someone could tell me what part(s) it is that could be causing the problem and what I should replace.

So my specs are:

RAM: I have 4Gbs of the RAM that came with my computer, and another 8 I installed its made by corsair. (Total 12 GBs)
CPU:AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz (8 CPUs)
GPU:Nvidia Ge Force GTX 660
PSU: EVGA Bronze 600watt power supply
Monitors: So i'm not too sure about my monitors, I use three randomly matched ones because I have never been able to afford good ones, One is a HP widescreen monitor, and the other two are flat screen TVs that use HDMI and they all three use different inputs (VGA, DVI, HDMI) So that might be spelling disaster on its own anyways I am not too sure though.

I just want to know what could be the problem with the lack of performance I get with games. I do know a lot of games aren't optimized for a 8 core CPU as of yet, but I don't think that's particularly the problem. So yeah any input would be great and thank you in advance, if there are any more questions let me know.

Solution
If you're playing modern, recent, somewhat demanding games, then the fact that you're running an almost three year old CPU with an equally old, and rather middle of the road graphics card in the GTX 660. If most of your gaming is online, your internet connection probably plays a significant role here as well. Lower tiered internet connections are going to suffer from bandwith and lag issues.

You may also be having issues from the use of mismatched RAM. How many modules are you running, of what sizes and did your 8GB that was added come as a matched pair of 4GB modules or is it one 8GB module?

You could be suffering from driver issues as well as older BIOS problems. You don't list your motherboard so it's hard to say, but I'd...
If you're playing modern, recent, somewhat demanding games, then the fact that you're running an almost three year old CPU with an equally old, and rather middle of the road graphics card in the GTX 660. If most of your gaming is online, your internet connection probably plays a significant role here as well. Lower tiered internet connections are going to suffer from bandwith and lag issues.

You may also be having issues from the use of mismatched RAM. How many modules are you running, of what sizes and did your 8GB that was added come as a matched pair of 4GB modules or is it one 8GB module?

You could be suffering from driver issues as well as older BIOS problems. You don't list your motherboard so it's hard to say, but I'd manually go to the product page for your motherboard and check to see that you have the latest bios installed. If you have installed various driver versions over time, and have not used the Wagnard Tools display driver uninstaller prior to installing new versions, I'd do so now following the instructions at the following link in the clean drivers section:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2492424/laymans-simple-guide-solving-graphics-card-issues.html

Solution