Question Need help finding out what this click sound is coming from my pc

Apr 29, 2021
Every time I turn on or turn off my pc I hear a quiet click noise, I'm scared if this is bad because I don't wanna risk my pc. Could anyone tell me what it could be? I'm thinking its either the power supply or motherboard.

My specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H
CPU: i7-9700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz (2x8GB)
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: ADATA XPG CORE Reactor 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (I bought this new 2 days ago)

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Clicking can only be made by moving parts. The easiest thing would be to make sure a cable didn't drift into the way of a fan blade. If you have HDD they can click when seeking and such. To a certain level it's normal, but generally not if really loud and notable. Pumps (AIO) can make noise as well.

Beyond that, there is nothing else I can readily think of that CAN make a clicking noise.

Apr 29, 2021
Clicking can only be made by moving parts. The easiest thing would be to make sure a cable didn't drift into the way of a fan blade. If you have HDD they can click when seeking and such. To a certain level it's normal, but generally not if really loud and notable. Pumps (AIO) can make noise as well.

Beyond that, there is nothing else I can readily think of that CAN make a clicking noise.
It only does the click once when turning it off or on though and it only happened when I changed my PSU