[SOLVED] Need help finding suitable 2 in 1

Feb 10, 2020
Hello,

New here. I am looking for a 2 in 1 laptop/ tablet. I was initially looking at the Microsoft Surface range but it doesn't seem to really cater for what i want which is odd bearing in mind i only really have basic requirements. Any help on finding a suitable alternative would be appreciated.

I will use it for Netflix, YouTube, Outlook, internet browsing and Microsoft Office including some very basic (and messy) VBA.

It is important for me to have a headphone jack for standard headphones (not wireless) hence the Surface Pro X is ruled out.

I also need 4g connectivity hence the Surface Pro is ruled out.

I need Windows 10 full in order to properly run Microsoft Office and VBA. I did look at the Surface Go but I'm not sure it's processor would be up to it.

I think i have to abandon the idea of the Surface range at this point but i have no idea what I'm looking at when it comes to other brands which is how i found myself here so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.s.
For the 4g element i have the below (on a totally unlimited data plan). I am assuming i can basically just take the sim out and put it in a 4g enabled laptop?
http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/E5573bs-322_4G_Mobile_Wi-Fi?memory=0&colour=White

Solution
Dell Inspiron 14 - 5485 = $500 after coupon LTINSP1453AFF
  • 14" Full HD 1920x1080) IPS 2-in-1 Touchscreen Display
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700U Quad-Core (Eight Thread) Processor
  • 8GB (1x 8 GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
  • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Integrated Graphics
  • WiFi 802.11ac (1x1) | Bluetooth 4.2
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Weight: 4.45 lbs
  • Ports
    • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C (DisplayPort/PowerDelivery)
    • 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A
    • 1x USB 2.0 Type A
    • 1x HDMI 1.4b
    • SD Card Slot
    • Audio Jack
Oh...you're in the UK? (also, a budget would be nice)
Dell Inspiron 14 - 5485 = $500 after coupon LTINSP1453AFF
  • 14" Full HD 1920x1080) IPS 2-in-1 Touchscreen Display
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700U Quad-Core (Eight Thread) Processor
  • 8GB (1x 8 GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
  • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
  • AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Integrated Graphics
  • WiFi 802.11ac (1x1) | Bluetooth 4.2
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Weight: 4.45 lbs
  • Ports
    • 1x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C (DisplayPort/PowerDelivery)
    • 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A
    • 1x USB 2.0 Type A
    • 1x HDMI 1.4b
    • SD Card Slot
    • Audio Jack
Oh...you're in the UK? (also, a budget would be nice)

Solution
Feb 10, 2020
I was going to reply to say that i would like a Surface type device e.g. a tablet style with detachable keyboard but i have looked into this more and may be able to get on board with the touch screen laptop style 2 in 1.

As for budget I'm not too sure. I think value for money is more important than total cost.

I don't want to use the hub thing i have due to poor battery life and needing to plug a power cord in to combat this. I would use it as a last resort but would rather just pop a sim in my laptop/ tablet.

I have just been looking at the Lenovo Yoga c640. Seems to tick the boxes. Smallish, 4g enabled, 10th gen i5, 8gb RAM. Anyone used one of these or have an opinion on them?

I have seen a couple and they appeared to be very nice laptops for the price. It felt on the premium side ...kind of business like but better looking.
The screen was crisp. I was installing software and had it for several hours and the battery went down only by half.
The only thing I did not like was the fan sound, it was kind of loud compared to other laptops (Thinkpad, Inspiron, Latitude.)