Need help! first build !PSU not working or MOBO not sure :(

Julius Cesar Magno

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
Building my gaming desktop this past few weeks then when I got my psu (LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply) arrived, hooked up all the cables it worked but while installing OS my desktop turned itself off ,heard a loud bang followed by a smoke I asap removed power cable from the socket and take out the psu which was smells like burnt. I checked the motherboard there is no visible damage that i can see, so I assumed it was the PSU did that. So I bought a better a new PSU(SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC) but when I got the new PSU it did not work at all the fan is not spinning or no lights on the CPU. So I decided to return it as DOA( dead on arrival) and get a replacement . if the PSU did not work again so the problem is the MOBO bec. of what happened ?? I need some ideas guys please help me im really stress and spent a lot of money on this gaming desktop.

SPECS:

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Desktop Processor FD6300WMHKBOX

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9B

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - OEM

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2, CPU Cooler - Intel & AMD, Multi-Directional Mount, 92mm PWM Fan

Kingston SSDNow V300 120 GB,Internal,2.5

NZXT CA-PH240-W1 White Steel / Plastic ATX / Micro ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

VisionTek 900568 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

There is a chance, a slim one, but it happens, that the companies of the ruined parts will test and see that they were over-volted and fried by a PSU or other over-volting method (bios re-write, overclocking) and not replace them.

Generally when a PSU fries a system, the PSU company will replace the ruined parts. BUT, Logisys will 100% not do this. Only QUALITY PSU makes honor this. Logisys will tell you that you are SOL.

Julius Cesar Magno

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

how about newegg ? i bought this from newegg. are they gonna shoulder and replace all components fried ?? this sucks i have to wait 1 week for the new PSU and test it out if it dint work again then RMA the mother another 1 week :(

Honestly, I think its fried. If you heard a pop and saw smoke, a capacitor failed in the PSU and generally that is significant of hardware being over-volted. Hopefully the motherboard took it all and nothing else fried.

If it is fried. Start by RMAing the motherboard and see if they will replace it.

This is always a hard lesson learned, but ALWAYS buy a quality PSU. This is 1000% the most important part of a PC.

Julius Cesar Magno

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
Hello i am back! so heres the story when i bought the 2nd PSU( SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready ) ask for a friend to help me out and install it to make sure im doing it right, no luck PSU not working no fan spinning ,cpu not working at all. so we decided to return the PSU assumed that it was DOA . Got a new one today but the same PSU but same result. i am going crazy with this problem ! So i think my MOBO is fried ! is that the cause why my PSU is not working !?? pls help me out. im really depress.