Question Need Help, First CPU, then DRAM, and then VGA EZ debug light turned on.

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
Hello, for some reason while I was gaming, the screen turned black and the peripherals were unresponsive, and the CPU debug light was on, so, I when I pull out the CMOS battery and put it back again, the windows booted, but it was very slow and laggy, and after the second startup it wound't even detect the SSD nvme drive as the boot drive anymore, so I've swapped it to a different one and a similar case happened, first the black screen again, then, the DRAM light up, and then, later on, the VGA light up as well, it's so weird and frightening. The steps I've tried, running the xmp on/off with the different ram, reinstalled the windows, used different nvme, updated the bios, checked for loose connections, been using surge protector all that time.

5900x
B550M-PRO VDH
16 GB Vengeance ram
MANLI RTX 3060
AeroCool 750W RGB LUX

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? How old is the PSU in your build? Make and model of the drive in question? Might want to see if your CPU exhibits a similar sluggish, missing drive, syndrome on a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version) to rule out your processor being at fault.

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? How old is the PSU in your build? Make and model of the drive in question? Might want to see if your CPU exhibits a similar sluggish, missing drive, syndrome on a known working motherboard(with the right BIOS version) to rule out your processor being at fault.
Well I bought the rig last december 25'ish , and swapped 5600x to 5900x, I thought the cpu could be at fault as well, but to rule that out, I've ran prime 5 for maybe 30~ minutes or so, and no crash was recorded so far. The current BIOS version is this one 7C95v2C , Samsung evo 500 gb, sadly I don't have another motherboard to test on.

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
Samsung have a number of Evo's in their portfolio. Which one do you have? If you yet have the 5600x, try that and see if the system is back to the way it should be.
Yeah thats funny you asked buddy, that was one of the reasons I've switched from 5600x to 5900x since the problems I've described before, was literally the same, black screen, unresponsive peripherals, though no debug light, the rig just froze ya know that I thought could be related to 5600x, its 980 evo 500gb ssd.

zgzdgz

Commendable
Jan 13, 2022
The PSU's a year old, just to rule that out, have you tried swapping for a borrowed reliably built unit? Also, tried with one stick of ram?
What I have is my older rig with intel platform who's like 6-7 years old, but it still works, as for the ram, I've tested each stick in each slot on this motherboard with that "Windows memory diagnostics" program, which found no errors, on the other hand, I've been using these same ram sticks in the older rig as well, and not even once it gave any problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS