thecoolj

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018
Was wondering if my motherboard could be causing fps stutter. It started about a few months after I built my PC. Took it to a shop and they said my MB standoffs weren't set properly and I had prongs from the IO shield sticking into the back ports (I know, horrible, but it was my first time). But after another few months of no problems the stutter came back. Since then I've bought a new GPU and PSU, but the problem still persists. I have run Memtest, HDsentinel, used MSIafterburner to monitor temps and usage activity, Malwarebytes for virus, set everything to default (even in BIOS), monitored task manager, clean installed drivers (multiple times), clean installed games (multiple times), and have even clean installed windows (multiple times). For all intents and purposes my PC should be fine, but it's not. I know it can perform well because when it's not stuttering I can get really high fps. I'm honestly inclined to just build another system but I want to make sure I've covered all my bases first. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070ti
Ryzen 5 1500x with stock cooler
Cooler Master 3.1 Lite case
WD 1tb HDD
Corsair CX650W 80+ Bronze
ASUS B350M-A

thecoolj

Honorable
Jun 3, 2018
Forgot to say all my temps check out fine and so does my usage for both my GPU and CPU. The only hardware I haven't run a diagnostic on is my motherboard and that's mostly because I can't find any software to test it.