i7-8700k
16gb ripjaws RAM
Evga GeForce RTX 2070 super black
Asrock z390 phantom gaming
120mm liquid cooling
750W astrape P1 power supply
2440Hz Acer Nitro
144Hz Acer KG241

I just bought the 2070 super to replace my 1660, however, both graphics cards have severely underperformed. I chocked the 1660's lack of fps as the card being bad but my 2070 super is not doing any better. When playing games like Overwatch I get at most 113 FPS out of both cards. the GTX 1660 I could understand but a 2070 super should get 200+ FPS easily. I have tried installing, updating, and reinstalling all of the games and drivers. I have also tried overclocking the card in hopes that that would help. it did not. I can get 240FPS in games like rocket league with reduced graphics. Is there anything I can do or change to maybe make this issue go away or improve.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU drivers and reinstalled the latest(manually downloaded from Nvidia's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You might also want to see if you can swap that PSU, it's not something I'd call a reliable unit. BIOS version for your motherboard and the version for your OS?

Mar 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to uninstall your prior GPU drivers and reinstalled the latest(manually downloaded from Nvidia's support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You might also want to see if you can swap that PSU, it's not something I'd call a reliable unit. BIOS version for your motherboard and the version for your OS?
my BIOS version is

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. L0.01, 10/29/2018

I would say my PUS, for now, is fine. it seems to be supplying a reliable amount of power for what I have. is there a better way to see if that could cause this issue? and I did use a DDU.

Last edited: