[SOLVED] Need help fixing my friend's disk

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
So, my friend's hdd suddenly become really slow, cuz if he tries to copy some files to the drive, Windows Explorer will freeze. I tried to run chkdsk, but it will freeze too. Then, i ram hd time, and it seems like the disk have a lot of bad sectors. What can I do?

Drive model: WD15EARS

If the disk has a lot of bad sectors, the best thing you can do is backup anything important on it and replace it. Hard drive repair is very difficult and requires very expensive equipment, since opening a hard drive (exposing the platters and heads) often causes irreparable damage to the drive.

USAFRet

Titan
So, my friend's hdd suddenly become really slow, cuz if he tries to copy some files to the drive, Windows Explorer will freeze. I tried to run chkdsk, but it will freeze too. Then, i ram hd time, and it seems like the disk have a lot of bad sectors. What can I do?

Drive model: WD15EARS
Replace the drive.
That one is dying.
The more you mess with it, the closer it is to actual death.

Reactions: extreme_noob

clementttttttt

Prominent
Dec 11, 2019
It seems like all the bad sectors are soft bad sectors because, after the repartitioning and low-level formatting, hd tune pro didn't find any errors. Thanks for the advice again.

TRENDING THREADS