[SOLVED] Need Help for a Modded Dell Optiplex 390

outlaw2001

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
Alright, let me start by saying a very important thing. I WANT to keep the case, this is a dell Optiplex 390 DT, so its a thin case, but at tall as a mid tower, Ive been thinking about upgrade paths for it. i'd put a mATX mobo into it after having to re-drill mounting holed for it due to dell having custom screw points. i would make it a ryzen system, and use an NZXT KRAKEN M22 and have it intake through the right side of the system, considering that i cannot see that side of it, ill just drill several holes in a hexagonal shape, and grab some micro mesh to eliminate excess dust from entering the system. now, i'd put a gtx 1060 or something powerful within the system, but i would have to lay it sideways due to it being a SFF case, only low profile cards can be installed stock, which means i would be limited to a GTX 1050ti. now the hardest part is the power supply, and how to mount it. the stock PSU is a 245W, which is not sufficient for a ryzen 5 2600 and gtx 1060 or RTX 2060 for that matter. any help would be appreciated.

Solution
SFX PSUs are smaller. But the fan is in the wrong place. But you seem willing to do airfow mods. SFP, Seasonic, and Siverstone make decent ones. Others I would avoid. Some people just use an ATX PSU as a giant wall wart. The PSU is an air outlet fan so that function needs to be preserved by other means.
SFX PSUs are smaller. But the fan is in the wrong place. But you seem willing to do airfow mods. SFP, Seasonic, and Siverstone make decent ones. Others I would avoid. Some people just use an ATX PSU as a giant wall wart. The PSU is an air outlet fan so that function needs to be preserved by other means.

Solution