Question Need help for choosing a liquid cooler for my i7-7700k

aymantarek436

Honorable
May 28, 2018
What is the best liquid cooler should I buy for my CPU in these coolers?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My guess would be (based on prior posts from multiple op's) that Op is planning on OC and might assume (incorrectly) that he needs liquid cooling to do so. Very few opt for liquid cooling and run stock speeds.

And there's always ppl who insist that air is always the better option. Since it's cheaper. And won't leak. And is quieter. (huh? Since when?)

Reactions: Phaaze88

aymantarek436

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Riing RGB 240. Deepcool has had too many issues with its pump design and leaks, and the ML240L just isn't up to snuff. The ML240R would be a better choice over the ML240L and comparable to the Riing.
So, you mean that ML240R is better than the Thermaltake one?
What temps and speed is your processor getting?
I got this PC by the end of 2017. I didn't notice that my CPU was overclocked at 4.5ghz for a year and a half. I was using a case called CoolerMaster mini ITX Elite 130 and a liquid cooler called Corsair H60 (still current one), so I think the CPU wasn't cooled enough by then and now it's reaching temperature 99°C at 4.2ghz 100% usage using software called CPUID powerMAX

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
So, you mean that ML240R is better than the Thermaltake one?

I got this PC by the end of 2017. I didn't notice that my CPU was overclocked at 4.5ghz for a year and a half. I was using a case called CoolerMaster mini ITX Elite 130 and a liquid cooler called Corsair H60 (still current one), so I think the CPU wasn't cooled enough by then and now it's reaching temperature 99°C at 4.2ghz 100% usage using software called CPUID powerMAX

Damn that's very high. I run my 7700k at 4.6 with a 212 EVO at 66C max while gaming. I did the de-lid mod though

aymantarek436

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Damn that's very high. I run my 7700k at 4.6 with a 212 EVO at 66C max while gaming. I did the de-lid mod though
I am so scared to delide my CPU, also I don't trust the technicians in Egypt in general.
Also, what do you think about this liquid cooler: CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H110I EXTREME PERFORMANCE WATER:https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-H110i-GT-280mm-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060019-WW
Is it better than the other ones?

What makes a cooler "better" to you??
Is it better cpu cooling?
Price?
Is it quieter operation?
Is it RGB bling?
Is it reliability?

Your case is an excellent one for air cooling and about the best would be the noctua NH-D15s.
Cooling is on a par with 240mm aio coolers. Twin towers are about the same as 240mm radiators.
Price will be less.
it will be quieter with a 140mm slow turning fan vs faster 120mm fans.
No RGB unless you replace the excellent included fan.
The NH-D15s does not have a pump that can fail. And, it will not leak.

FWIW,

As of 6/9/17
What percent can get an overclock at a somewhat sane 1.4v Vcore.

I7-7700K
4.9 83%
5.0 62%
5.1 29%
5.2 6%

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Oof. You have several issues. Size being the most important.

According to CoolerMaster, you have 65mm of cpu clearance for an air cooler. Which totally negates anything decent sized including the NH-D15S. You'll be relegated to low profile coolers which are somewhat not upto cooling an i7.

In a CoolerMaster mITX Elite 130, a 120mm AIO is the best and really only option. It will not fit a 240 or larger radiator.

Out of those 120mm aios, your best option is one with a thicker radiator, such as the Corsair h75/h80i, but this can pose issues with the hdd placement, especially if using push/pull fan configuration.

Oh, and you weren't OC by any means. The i7-7700k has a base clock of 4.2GHz, and turbo of 4.5GHz. So in 1-2 core usage you'd run at 4.5GHz, 3 core 4.4GHz, 4 core 4.2GHz naturally at factory default settings.

For actual gaming temp max, you'd need to use Prime95 small fft torture test. This provides a 100% consistent load on cpu, so is a worst case scenario. But since games really don't use much of AVX or AVX2 technologies, both those boxes must be checked/disabled or temps will be closer to @ 130% output.

You're kidding right? He has a V200 case. He can use any cooler up to 160mm, which does leave out the bigger coolers but there are plenty of coolers that can work fine, especially those by Thermalright which tend to be a bit shorter AND offset for memory clearance.

For AIO coolers, I'd try to avoid Cooler master and Deepcool. I'm guessing you are in a region where availability is not good for Corsair or NZXT coolers, but what about ID Cooling? They have some really decent AIO coolers available globally that are really reasonably priced.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

My bad, I misunderstood. I read it as the elite/H60 was what op currently has.