need help for choosing a mobo

mark9929

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
hi all. im getting a new rig so i need some help in choosing a mobo. im thinking of getting either Asus striker extreme/ Msi p6n diamond/ Gigabyte N680SLi-DQ6.

Any suggestions on which is better? i was thinking of getting p6n diamond cause i heard that asus burns out pretty fast.

I like the Gigabyte 680i a lot, but can you still find it? Newegg doesn't have it any more. The Striker is overpriced. The P6N is made by MSI.

I think your best choice is P5N32-E SLI Plus.

mark9929

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2007
hmm so far i've been getting good reviews for the msi p6n diamond. :??: oh btw yeah i can still get the gigabyte 680i :) well thanks anyway

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I assume you are getting an Intel... are you getting SLI as well? if not youd be better with a P35 or x38 board... if you want SLI get the P5N32-E as Aevm suggests... the eVGA board is also meant to be good (although ive heard that they have a high RMA rate, but once you get a working one they great lol. "apparently")

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007

Still on eVGA site currently listed as backorder id say the egg removed it while no available??
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=122-CK-NF68-A1&family=400

What i am concerned with is this under the Backorder part

"WARNING: Certain desktop motherboards sold in California prior to October 20, 2006, contain lead solder. Lead is a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.

Please wash hands after handling those motherboards that utilize lead solder and avoid inhalation of fumes if heating the solder on the product."

Well now motherboards cause birth defects... we will have to start locking everyone up in seperate rooms with nothing in them so we dont get health problems

TRENDING THREADS