Jun 12, 2019
Hi! My boss ask me to request for a quote for some Items just want to get some advice and suggestions specially with PABX

Here is the list:

PABX, 3COx100line Ext
-MTC (2x20P) Digital LCD 20 Button Speaker Phone
-PC COMPUTER , SOFTWARE AND SERVER (BY OWNER)
-WIFI ACCESS POINT (BY Owner)
-WIFI EXTENDER

Solution
A hotel is going to be tricky to offer advice for like the others here have said. When figuring out Wi-Fi coverage in a situation like that you'll need to consider things like wall materials, room size, bathroom placement (all those metal pipes :p ), etc. That's why it's best to have a consultant come out and test it. If you plan to do the testing yourself (which is fine if you want to) you'll want to order some different business-tier APs (Ubiquiti is always solid if you want a brand recommendation). Figure out the one that works best in your price range and return the rest. But you'll still be running wiring... and honestly, may as well make the people running the wiring figure out the best APs for that situation since the cost...

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Firstly, welcome to the forums. It would help us answer your question if you gave us some additional information :)

For things like computers, phones, access points, servers, etc, your use case is critical to any advice we could give you. There's not simply a "the best" when it comes to those items.

A smaller business with a single office an a couple users won't need the same hardware as a business with multiple floors and several hundred employees. Likewise, specialized applications require specialized hardware. It's all about the right tool for the right job.

100 extensions with three CO lines looks kind of very aggressive, and definitely calls for consultant to study your requirements.

You can also check with your boss whether he/she needs PSTN lines (ordinary telephone lines), VoIP (modern version for office exchanges), or a mix between them. The choice of headsets requested tends more toward the former, but request for server and software does not mix well there.

Jun 12, 2019
Firstly, welcome to the forums. It would help us answer your question if you gave us some additional information :)

For things like computers, phones, access points, servers, etc, your use case is critical to any advice we could give you. There's not simply a "the best" when it comes to those items.

A smaller business with a single office an a couple users won't need the same hardware as a business with multiple floors and several hundred employees. Likewise, specialized applications require specialized hardware. It's all about the right tool for the right job.

This is actually for a 8 floor hotel, each floor have 12 rooms starting from 2nd floor, they want 2 access point each floor and 1 on the lobby. there are only at least 7 computer unit for front and back office. I apologize for my poor english

USAFRet

Titan
This is actually for a 8 floor hotel, each floor have 12 rooms starting from 2nd floor, they want 2 access point each floor and 1 on the lobby. there are only at least 7 computer unit for front and back office. I apologize for my poor english
This is when you become the Project Manager, and hire a consultant.

Hotel networking has been done for ages, but it really requires local eyeballs on the scene.
There is a person or company local to you that can do this.

Jun 12, 2019
This is when you become the Project Manager, and hire a consultant.

Hotel networking has been done for ages, but it really requires local eyeballs on the scene.
There is a person or company local to you that can do this.

Yeah! I'm just looking for advice like which AP should I get and good server but not too expensive.

Yeah! I'm just looking for advice like which AP should I get and good server but not too expensive.
You are asking the wrong questions, this is like asking what color I want to paint the rooms in the house before deciding how many rooms you are going to build in the house.

As stated you likely are better off calling a company that installs networks in buildings, some specialize in hotels. They will give you the design basically for free. The huge cost is going to be running all the cabling to all the rooms. The equipment costs likely are not going to he the largest expense and unless you have the skills to run the cables you might as well just hire someone to do the complete project.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
A hotel is going to be tricky to offer advice for like the others here have said. When figuring out Wi-Fi coverage in a situation like that you'll need to consider things like wall materials, room size, bathroom placement (all those metal pipes :p ), etc. That's why it's best to have a consultant come out and test it. If you plan to do the testing yourself (which is fine if you want to) you'll want to order some different business-tier APs (Ubiquiti is always solid if you want a brand recommendation). Figure out the one that works best in your price range and return the rest. But you'll still be running wiring... and honestly, may as well make the people running the wiring figure out the best APs for that situation since the cost difference will be minimal, and you'll be assured that it was tested much more thoroughly beforehand.

It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the job it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and, if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
This is one of my favorite quotes by John Ruskin, and it's always something to consider.

That aside - the desktop PC's we could probably offer advice on. You mentioned 7 PCs. Are these for customers to use, support staff, or some combination of the two?

Solution
Jun 12, 2019
A hotel is going to be tricky to offer advice for like the others here have said. When figuring out Wi-Fi coverage in a situation like that you'll need to consider things like wall materials, room size, bathroom placement (all those metal pipes :p ), etc. That's why it's best to have a consultant come out and test it. If you plan to do the testing yourself (which is fine if you want to) you'll want to order some different business-tier APs (Ubiquiti is always solid if you want a brand recommendation). Figure out the one that works best in your price range and return the rest. But you'll still be running wiring... and honestly, may as well make the people running the wiring figure out the best APs for that situation since the cost difference will be minimal, and you'll be assured that it was tested much more thoroughly beforehand.

This is one of my favorite quotes by John Ruskin, and it's always something to consider.

That aside - the desktop PC's we could probably offer advice on. You mentioned 7 PCs. Are these for customers to use, support staff, or some combination of the two?

Yeah thanks for the Advice :D, For the PCs its for staff for front Desk and Back Office

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Gotcha. I'm not too great with pre-built models since I usually build my own, but refurbished is probably your best option. Get some 2011-2015 PCs with Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell i5-i7 CPUs and at least 8GB of RAM and that should keep you solidly covered for several years. Office applications are not very demanding, so you may as well save some money by going for the refurbished/cheaper options.

The bigger things you should focus on is usability. Seldom used PC's are fine with a single monitor, but if there's going to be someone using it full time then go ahead and put two or three monitors to each PC. It makes administrative jobs a lot easier to do.

If you contact an IT contractor or consultant about the Access Points, talk to them about your workstation situation too. They will probably know some good local vendors, and you might end up saving more money overall by having them do it for you than if you tried to pick and price them yourself.

Oct 9, 2019
You are asking the wrong questions, this is like asking what color I want to paint the rooms in the house before deciding how many rooms you are going to build in the house.

As stated you likely are better off calling a company that installs networks in buildings, some specialize in hotels. They will give you the design basically for free. The huge cost is going to be running all the cabling to all the rooms. The equipment costs likely are not going to he the largest expense and unless you have the skills to run the cables you might as well just hire someone to do the complete project.
I have seen CISCO WAP 371 work for most of the hotels. I am unsure if 2 APs per floor will suffice the need. Hotels like Marriott have 1 AP per 2 rooms as they have to be in accordance of the Flagship agreement and Standard processes. You can buy some TP link switches which has 3-4 ports and install each floor. I recommend atleast 4-5 access points per floor.