need help for setting up a long range wireless network

arjun_15

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
Hi I need help setting up a long range 100 mbps link wireless network for my resort which is 14 km away and has a hill in the middle of the resort and the town which I can get Internet from please help me to implement this network and give some ideas on the equipment which is best suitable for this situation thank you for reply in advance.

Solution
Assuming no hills in between, for 14km you need a 25 meter tower (minimum) for actual line of sight.

Why not a satellite connection?
The equipment is the easy part likely. Look at the long range stuff sold by ubiquiti or engenius.

The huge problem you have is this is a line of sight issue so no hills trees etc in the way. Then you have the problem of interference from the reflections from the ground. There are wireless distance calculators that will tell you based on the frequency you use how far above the obstetrical in the path you must be.

The largest question is can you afford fairly large towers and are you even permitted to put them up. The actual cost of these towers is not really the tower itself it is all construction costs. You will pay more the concrete to anchor the tower than you will for the tower itself.