Need Help for TV Purchasing Guide for Graphic Design Showcasing?

Hi Community,

I own a small Digital Agency and I'm planning on purchasing a large display so that I can showcase the work done to my customers whenever they come to the office.

I know what to look for when looking for a monitor, but I have no idea what to look for when looking for a TV.

We are working on 1080p monitors since I can't afford 4k monitors yet so would ideally be looking for a budget 1080p TV.

I am planning on using a Chromecaat or Apple TV to broadcast the work done from the computer onto the TV and would like to have a TV that's responsive.

What should I keep a lookout for? And what values? Refresh rates? Response time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
If you are going to showcase graphic designs, then I highly recommend an IPS display. IPS has the best colors compared to VA, TFT etc, and really make them pop out. LG makes a 32 inch monitor that is quite affordable for $220 and has usb ports so you don't need an external usb power adapter for the chromecast or apple tv. The model number is LG 32MA68HY-P. However there is also a 4k 49 inch TV from LG and might fit your needs better. Its $450 but has more HDMI ports and is a smart TV. The model number is 49UK6300PUE.

mangaman

Honorable
If you are going to showcase graphic designs, then I highly recommend an IPS display. IPS has the best colors compared to VA, TFT etc, and really make them pop out. LG makes a 32 inch monitor that is quite affordable for $220 and has usb ports so you don't need an external usb power adapter for the chromecast or apple tv. The model number is LG 32MA68HY-P. However there is also a 4k 49 inch TV from LG and might fit your needs better. Its $450 but has more HDMI ports and is a smart TV. The model number is 49UK6300PUE.

Solution

mangaman

Honorable

Well, you never said anything about reading pictures off a USB in your original post. I assumed you wanted to receive pictures and video through the chromecast/apple tv, so I'm not sure about receiving files through the USB as I can't find any information about it for that model. The USB is mostly there to power a USB device, in your case a chromecast/ apple tv that is connected to the HDMI. You may have better luck with the TV, as almost all TV's have this feature.