Need help from experts with my gtx 770

mohsen gtx

Honorable
Sep 30, 2016
Hi guys , i posted a many threads about my msi gtx 770 twin frozer , but i dont get any clearly answer !!
my g.c has no signal and his fans run at 100% .
The problem occurred when i pluged a +12vdc to the pwm and tachometer pins of fan connector (the card was out pc and off ) :ouch: :
3.jpg

after , i smelled some smoke , so there is a damaged component !!!!
I made a preliminary check , and this is the final report :

1- when i start my pc the gpu is heating up , thats mean the gpu is good ....

2- the 4C10N mosfet has a low resistance between the D and S pins (8 ohms ) :
20180806_134517.jpg

3- there is a ground short in this components (resistor and capacitor ) under the ncp4208 :
2.jpg

4- there is a sot 23 diode (D501) i cant read his smd code , i use a magnify glass but his code dont appear clearly , because it damaged :
1.jpg

so pleaaase anyone have the same card or can identify them because she was fully damaged !!

5- i check the NTC thermistor wich in backwards of the pcb , his value is 22K with 28° ambient temperature , i dont know if that is normale or no .

And i dont have tested this card in other computer , so maybe the pci slot are bad !! for this issue i have taked a test with pc wizard and this is the result :
tm.jpg

i dont found X16 slot at all !!!!

So guys please i need an expert to help me , there is no electronic customer service in my country i have soldering station and some experience with electronic .
thanks

Bosch14

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015
I see people do this all the time plugging in wrong cords just because they fit. From what you have told me I’m fairly certain that you have damaged you GPU beyond repair and the fans spinning at 100 is most likely just a fault in the card from when you damaged it. Also, a card hearing up does not mean it’s fine. I have an old 7770 that does not post anymore but can still heat up to around 40 degrees. GPU’s are a very frail thing and can’t be repaired easily and is the most common thing people stuff up when building. I suggest you buy another card and get a computer savvy friend to put it in.

Bosch14

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2015

I don't want to be rude, but your English is not the best and it's hard to understand it. But aside from that, I assume to mean is there any protection in place for a short circuit. And yes, there is (To an extent!). Only I don't believe that you have short-circuited your GPU but rather just damaged it by destroying its pin connector (Hence your smoke smell). And whilst it seems like that's a minor problem that can be fixed, and yes again to some extent. I doubt that you would know how to replace it let alone operate on a GPU effectively. However, try this.

Get a friend or someone you know who has experience with computers to take a look at the problem. This should be the first thing you do before cramming your hands onto your computer messing up more things. You also should have had a friend helping you whilst making this.

If you don't have anyone. Try the GPU on another computer. That way you will know for sure if you have messed up the GPU or something else.

Get back to me if you need any more help. (Please report back with what you have done exactly not in shorthand)