Need help getting computer fully restored if possible

asicvorax

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
So basically I have an Alienware X51 R2 and I factory reset it and then installed windows 10 with a weird windows installing program (I can't remember the name but if I saw it again I would probably remember it) I think it was a common windows installer, there were options for windows7, w8, and w10. But I'm pretty sure it deleted everything this computer has to do with alienware like the default programs, it even made it so when I factory restore it again is only gives me this version of windows 10 it doesnt give me an option to go back to my original windows 8.1 which is what I want, I just want this computer to go back to factory state.

Sorry about the sloppiness hopefully u guys understand and might have some answers

Solution

It is...

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

It is basically already in its factory state just a different OS. To get back to windows 8 you will need the windows 8 installation; Either from a disk or USB which you will have to buy the licence for.

Solution

asicvorax

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

What if im an idiot and didn't save the Windows 8 installation disk or USB. My favorite version of windows personally is windows 7, is there any way to just install that off the internet like I did windows 10? Preferably windows 7 professional

Reputable
Jun 29, 2016

Yes but you will have to buy it.