[SOLVED] Need help getting Monitor to 4k@60Htz with capture card

MonsterHunterEx

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017
I'm having trouble getting my monitor to 60htz at 4k. Iooked up some solutions and got two DP to HDMI cords that are rated for 4k@60. I didn't realize that they were "unidirectional", so the cord that goes from my capture card to the monitor doesn't send out any signal.

My question is how do I get 4k60 on my monitor while using my capture card? Is there an adaptor(s) that would work? Other cables?
I heard that I could try mirroring my display(dp cable going to my monitor, and another cable going to my capture card IN and nothing in the OUT") but I don't know how much more strain that will put on my GPU.

My GPU is a 2080ti with 2 DP ports and 1 HDMI( not sure if it's 2.0 or not)
The Capture card is a Razor Ripsaw HD( specs say it has 4k60 passthrough with two HDMI 2.0 ports)
The monitor is a Acer Predator XB1( one DP 1.2 and 1 HDMI that isn't a 2.0)

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Solution
There's really nothing you can do. But you don't need a capture card with a PC anyway, just record internally with OBS or some other software. Capture cards are really only useful for consoles or other devices that you can't run recording software on.
There's really nothing you can do. But you don't need a capture card with a PC anyway, just record internally with OBS or some other software. Capture cards are really only useful for consoles or other devices that you can't run recording software on.

Solution

MonsterHunterEx

Commendable
Apr 29, 2017

If that's truly the case, then that's unfortunate

I could try using the same PC to stream again, I stopped doing that since it couldn't handle gaming in 4k and streaming without a performance hit.

Guess I'll have to suck it up and either keep it at 30htz or drop the resolution and stream from the same device if there isn't a fix or workaround

Thank you for the reply!