[SOLVED] Need help Having the no signal crash with gpu fans 100%.

Mar 6, 2019
Hi, so This is my own built computer that I completed in Jan 2017. My problem all started out of the blue while gaming , my monitor crashed and it said no signal and the GPU fans went up to full speed, I had to restart my computer in order to fix that, after that the crash would occur randomly until I could not even have the computer on for more than 5 mins without it crashing. So after reading alot of similar issue online I decided to RMA my card and buy a brand new one to skip the waiting. Got my new card yesterday, installed it and powered my computer to find out it did the same thing happening, MOBO splash bios loads and then no signal and gpu fans spins full speed, tried re-setting the computing several times and i would never make it to the windows login screen. The computer works fine if I plug the display into the MOBO and use integrated graphics. Via MSI afterburner the graphic card temp never went above 70c when crashing , CPU was around 60C

Here is what I did software wise:
  • updated the MOBO BIOS
  • updated the graphic cards drivers ( initial one)
  • Clean windows 10 install

Here is what I did hardware wise:
  • checked ALL PSU cable and plugged them in properly
  • Re-seated gpu card and changed PCI slot both unsuccessfull
-removed RAM and cleaned contacts and re-seated

Here is my system info:
CPU: Intel core I5 6600K
MOBO: MSI Z170 Krait gaming
GPU(old): MSI Gaming 6G Geforce 1060 , 6gb VRAM
GPU(new): MSI Titanium Geforce 1070TI.
PSU: EVGA NEX650G 650watt gold80
RAM: 2X 8GB DDR4 G.skill Ripjaw 3400Mhz
Cooling: CPU is watercooled Corsair HI60, the rest of the case is fan cooling with a total of 2 fans

At this point I am going to try the PSU I am scared I might of damaged my new card by installing it into this rig.... Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
So , here is what I did:
  • removed old psu and cables
  • installed new psu and all cables
Upon trying to power up the computer the fan twitched and nothing...
- removed all cables from mobo and ssd
-removed mobo from case
-re-pasted cpu and re-installed cooler
-re-installed mobo in case
-jumped BIOS reset jumper
  • went with process of elimination so I started with nothing on MOBO but CPU and 1 liquid pump and power computer, stopped computer and added 1 fan , powered computer....again and again until all components and plugs were in.
  • Found out that as soon as I plugged in the power feed from SATA on psu to the socked on my SSD the fan twitched !!( my old psu cables were sleeved so I only kept the sata cable from the...

Lutfij

Titan
I would ask you to take the card to your friends/neighbors house and test it out on a system that has at least 650W from a reliably built PSU. There have been sporadic RMA's with the PSU you own well into it's release with users seeing DoA's or even death after a year of use. others happen to still own it after it's release, so it's pretty much hit or miss.

On another note, did you try breadboarding the entire system and ruled out a grounding issue?

Mar 6, 2019
Which card ? My old one the 1060 is gone for a refund as everything was pointing towards the card. The other one 1070TI is brand new. I will try the replacement PSU if it still does the same thing I will try breadboarding the system. If any short were present how would the computer still operate properly when using the integrated graphics ( MOBO display) ? Will post progress tonight after I
  • replace PSU and all cables
  • breadboard system
Thank you for reply

Mar 6, 2019
So , here is what I did:
  • removed old psu and cables
  • installed new psu and all cables
Upon trying to power up the computer the fan twitched and nothing...
- removed all cables from mobo and ssd
-removed mobo from case
-re-pasted cpu and re-installed cooler
-re-installed mobo in case
-jumped BIOS reset jumper
  • went with process of elimination so I started with nothing on MOBO but CPU and 1 liquid pump and power computer, stopped computer and added 1 fan , powered computer....again and again until all components and plugs were in.
  • Found out that as soon as I plugged in the power feed from SATA on psu to the socked on my SSD the fan twitched !!( my old psu cables were sleeved so I only kept the sata cable from the old PSU)
  • replaced old SATA cable with new one and bam it operated.
  • finally installed GPU and no crash so far

Currently updating drivers but this seems to have fixed it. Will update resume after because there does not seem to be a clear answer for this issue and this issue seems to happen to alot of people

Solution