Question Need help here

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
My friend is about to buy new/used mobo
The reason why I said new/used mobo cause the mobo came in all collection box.
What is all collection box ? A box which come from other countries have all different things and he found a rog strix x570-e gaming in one of these. The problem is this box filled with new, used , damaged, broken and refurbished products. How to know the mobo is in great condition or at least good to go?
What is the things i need to check?

Lutfij

Titan
How to know the mobo is in great condition or at least good to go?

You inspect every inch of the board for any signs of damage or scratches, not to mention burns or chemical spills.

You will also need to have at a Ryzen processor(2000 series or lower) in case the BIOS is old and doesn't support the 3000 or 5000 series processors. You will also need to have rams handy to drop into slots A2 and B2 and test it.

In short, you will need to breadboard the motherboard and do a test run till you're able to get POST and into BIOS. If it doesn't POST, then you know why they were in a box(as if they were rejected).

If that doesn't happen, you can't tell if you're buying junk or a gold mine.

Reactions: 1YAMI

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
You'll also need a GPU in the case of any standard Ryzen processor. Only the G series processors will offer a display output from the motherboard.
How to know the mobo is in great condition or at least good to go?

You inspect every inch of the board for any signs of damage or scratches, not to mention burns or chemical spills.

You will also need to have at a Ryzen processor(2000 series or lower) in case the BIOS is old and doesn't support the 3000 or 5000 series processors. You will also need to have rams handy to drop into slots A2 and B2 and test it.

In short, you will need to breadboard the motherboard and do a test run till you're able to get POST and into BIOS. If it doesn't POST, then you know why they were in a box(as if they were rejected).

If that doesn't happen, you can't tell if you're buying junk or a gold mine.
I have news
I did check everything and i setup everything too
And now the system won't boot up and won't display anything on monitor with giving code 00 on the motherboard.
What now do i throw it into garbage ?xD
Any ideas?

1YAMI

Reputable
Jun 19, 2019
What other parts are you using? 00 is bad CPU, motherboard, or bent CPU pins.
Not cpu the cpu i get from another mobo
Which i promise you there is no bent cpu pins or cpu problem
But for "maybe" situation it's Ryzen 5 3600
And hyper x fury 3000mhz
Palit rtx 3060
And there you have it