Need help hp z220 workstation 400w

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Hi guys I'm using hp z220 workstation it as 400w power supply.. I want buy good graphics card.. Which graphics card good for this computer please help me... It's hp brand z220 workstation xeon e3 1240 v2 3.4ghz... Power supply 400w.. .. Sorry for bad English

Solution
Well, the 1050 Ti is the fastest card that you can use without needing to spend more money on a new power supply. It's a simple upgrade, remove the old card and install the new one.

If you plan to buy a power supply then you should make sure you pick a power supply which has the connectors the videocard needs. If you decide to get a 1060, you'd want to make sure your new power supply has the connector that specific card requires.

You have not listed a budget, how much do you intend to spend? What resolution? The different models, one fan/two fan/mini/low profile, are all the same in performance for the most part. The choices are more personal and based on your needs. Some people want more fans, some people need a low profile card...
There are two form factors of that computer, the mini tower(CMT) and small form factor(SFF). You have the CMT right? I guess this because of the power supply. If so then you are only limited by the power supply. A 1050 Ti would be the fastest new card you could get that will work, since those cards come in models that do not require pci-ex connectors.

edit: That would be for gaming. If you will use this for workstation tasks, a Quadro would be a better if more expensive choice.

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Yes it's hp z220 workstation CMT 400w.. With quadro 2000 graphics card on it.. I just brought it few days ago..... But I want put more powerful graphics card.. So please tell me which graphics card works on it.. I know gtx 1050 ti is good.. So this is only gpu good for this machine.. Or any more powerful gpu work fine on it... Thanks for quick reply and sorry my bad English..

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I check on Amazon there is so many gtx 1050 ti... Like gtx 1050 ti mini and gtx 1050 ti double fan and single fan... And also gtx 1050 ti oc low profile..

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017
one more question .. its possible can i change power supply and put like 550 or 600 Walt .. Qianson ATX 24pin to Motherboard 2-port 6pin Power Supply Cable 30cm For HP Z220 Z230 SFF Server Workstation ... if i change power supply so i can use any graphic card .... can u explain me ..cuz im new to computer stuff .. i brought hp z220 to play games at ultra sitting

Well, the 1050 Ti is the fastest card that you can use without needing to spend more money on a new power supply. It's a simple upgrade, remove the old card and install the new one.

If you plan to buy a power supply then you should make sure you pick a power supply which has the connectors the videocard needs. If you decide to get a 1060, you'd want to make sure your new power supply has the connector that specific card requires.

You have not listed a budget, how much do you intend to spend? What resolution? The different models, one fan/two fan/mini/low profile, are all the same in performance for the most part. The choices are more personal and based on your needs. Some people want more fans, some people need a low profile card, etc. As long as you have the space for a regular card, you can pick the one you want.

edit: That is an older motherboard, Sandy Bridge generation. I'd suggest you do some looking around online, to see if the newer Nvidia cards have trouble on computers such as that. AMD might be more compatible, an RX 470 for example.

Solution

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017

truelove

Prominent
May 8, 2017
Yeah it's better I buy gtx 1050 ti 4gb single fan.... I guess it's enough for ultra settle on 1080p..
My pc
Xeon e3 1240 v2 3.4ghz
16 gb ram ddr3
500 gb hd
400w psu
Win 7 64bit