Question Need help identifying cables.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RenTheReaper

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
These cables are from a Raidmax P805 case I just bought which features a RGB LED in the front. These cables seem to directly stick from the LED area and I was curious in knowing what they were or what function they had to be sure I correctly connected them to my new motherboard.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Use the mobo A_RGB_LED1 header at top front. Plug into that the wider ARGB connector. Its layout often is called a (4-1) connector because it has space for 4 holes, but one is blocked off. For that design there is only ONE way to plug in, so no confusion. Do NOT try to use the 4-pin RGB_LED header (key no. 26) on the bottom edge.

RenTheReaper

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
Use the mobo A_RGB_LED1 header at top front. Plug into that the wider ARGB connector. Its layout often is called a (4-1) connector because it has space for 4 holes, but one is blocked off. For that design there is only ONE way to plug in, so no confusion. Do NOT try to use the 4-pin RGB_LED header (key no. 26) on the bottom edge.
Very well, I shall do that and go ahead and test it!

RenTheReaper

Prominent
Mar 29, 2022
That PSU has three ports on it labelled "SATA", and the specs say it comes with two cables to plug into those - one has 4 SATA power output connectors, the other has three. You got thuis figured out, I think.

Yes, when I said a cable with "two different versions of ARGB mobo headers, and you use ....", I was referring to that cable in your photos with two connectors on it - one with three evenly-spaced holes and labels "VGD" (for some Gigabyte mobos), and the other with what looks like 4 holes but hole #3 blocked off, used by more mobo makers.
It works!!! Thank you very heavily a thousand times for your time and help!!!!!!
View: https://imgur.com/a/hc2jqzq

I shall proceed to install the other case fans and close it up, hahaha.