[SOLVED] Need Help Identifying Dell PSU Cable

Dlepi

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hello! Looking to see if someone could help me out. Putting together a Dell Optiplex 7010 for a customer. The optical drive is connected through a SATA data cable and another similar cable stemming straight from the PSU. Unfortunately, the system was received with some damage to this specific power connector and optical drive. I've replaced the optical drive, but I need to replace the cable. For the life of me, I just can't get my googling skills to find me a match for what I'm looking for. My plan is to cut the cable off and splice in a new one. The cable looks very similar to a SATA data cable, but it has 6 pins instead of 7. Anyone have any clue? Note, it's labeled "P5", and some google results have stated that there's also P3, P4, etc., but I just can't find any information on the cable to refine my search results in finding a replacement cable. I'll include pictures below. Thanks in advance!

Imgur post with pictures

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, that! I had an Optiplex small form factor too. I know exactly what cable you mean now.
You may be forced to look for a Optiplex sff on ebay that is sold for parts only in order to get a replacement connector. They are proprietary as far as I know.
Have you contacted Dell?

Dlepi

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Oh, that! I had an Optiplex small form factor too. I know exactly what cable you mean now.
You may be forced to look for a Optiplex sff on ebay that is sold for parts only in order to get a replacement connector. They are proprietary as far as I know.
Have you contacted Dell?

Yeah, exactly. I bought the system through eBay and didn't find out about the connection until a few months later. Looks like someone below found the answer though. Thanks!