Question Need help identifying Dual Socket Workstation / Parts For / New build - prebuild

Feb 22, 2023
Hello. I know everyone's likely to <Mod Edit>[ on me like everywhere else, but I am a dual socket PC user. I use PC's rather out of the box, and consider quite a few things more than the average person does, at least, in my opinion. I have a lot on my mind, so often I use a PC to offload work that I can't finish mentally.

This happens rather often. To the point that I am doing comms, playing a game, streaming, unpacking <Mod Edit>, doing file work on the network, writing to media, servicing machines, I do a lot. And I cannot afford downtime because it puts everything else at a hinderance.

ATM I am using a mac pro 3,1 with base processors and 64GB ram DDR2. Its got an R9 290 one one processor, an RX580 on the other, and an NVMe drive inbetween so the 290 is forced to get X16 and the 580 is forced to get X8.

I have blown boards up with how intensely I use machines. so, I need something quite a bit more stout than most machines. At that, I need the processors to run in sync, not bridged. I don't want cascading core loads, I want switchable core loads. I use a lot of parallel processing to make sure things are loaded and running correctly.

I don't know what my options are other than something stupid like an EVGA SSI EEB. I can't get one for user prices, only retarded collector pricing. No one actually USED the damn things, so getting one is nearly impossible.

<Removed by Moderator>

Thanks for any info

Last edited by a moderator:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello. I know everyone's likely to <Mod Edit>[ on me like everywhere else, but I am a dual socket PC user. I use PC's rather out of the box, and consider quite a few things more than the average person does, at least, in my opinion. I have a lot on my mind, so often I use a PC to offload work that I can't finish mentally.

This happens rather often. To the point that I am doing comms, playing a game, streaming, unpacking <Mod Edit>, doing file work on the network, writing to media, servicing machines, I do a lot. And I cannot afford downtime because it puts everything else at a hinderance.

ATM I am using a mac pro 3,1 with base processors and 64GB ram DDR2. Its got an R9 290 one one processor, an RX580 on the other, and an NVMe drive inbetween so the 290 is forced to get X16 and the 580 is forced to get X8.

I have blown boards up with how intensely I use machines. so, I need something quite a bit more stout than most machines. At that, I need the processors to run in sync, not bridged. I don't want cascading core loads, I want switchable core loads. I use a lot of parallel processing to make sure things are loaded and running correctly.

I don't know what my options are other than something stupid like an EVGA SSI EEB. I can't get one for user prices, only retarded collector pricing. No one actually USED the damn things, so getting one is nearly impossible.

<Removed by Moderator>

Thanks for any info
Are you looking for a replacement for your Mac? Your post wasn't explicit about what you want.