Need help Identifying INTEL CPU

G

I got a CPU here that I need help Identifying. The Weasels at Intel support desk are of no help.Would appreciate any ideas. Would like know kind of board I could possibly throw it into, speed, cashe, uses. Thanks.

Markings:Intel Confidential
80523KX3501M Q429 ES
O80145TNA0 -096 A4

Dimensions : 6(L) x 4 3/4(H) x 3/4(W) (inches)
Raw Card id 5 1/2 inches long with 2 notches
1 5/8 inches from the ends.

G

Try WINCPUID, available from a number of sources (just search for it). This can tell you the type, speed, cache, FSB, etc. of a processor, plus its stepping and family.

~ The First Formally Rehabilitated AMD Lemming ~

G

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't there be an obvious difference between slot 1 and Slot 2?

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I believe you have one of the first P3s, the prototype ones (They have the Confidential markings). Where did you get it?

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i agree, the markings do look like a 350 MHz Xeon with 1 MB cache, but was there ever a Xeon at 350 MHz? if it was, it wasnt P3 Xeon. even a P-II Xeon came at 400 and 450 Mhz only, although engineering samples might have been shipped at lesser speeds.

i guess it must be one of the intel confidential, engineering samples of early P-II, not P-III.

i guess xeon and P2/p3 have different slots so if its a xeon (slot 2)it wont fit on a P2/P3 board.

best way to check is to run a cpuid on it, of course if you get a suitable board for it!

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i am sorry, i missed that "2 notches"
its a Xeon, slot 2 processor - 330 contacts with 2 notches, and as the rest of the markings show, it must be a 350 MHz with 1 MB cache, P-II Xeon processor - one of the initial confidential engineering samples.

a P-II or P-III has off-centered single notch.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>