Need help identifying MS-16j5 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2018
So, I just bought a laptop on eBay. The seller noted the model number as
MSI Ms-16j5. My issue is, I'm trying to find more info on it online, but I can't find any websites that mention that model number. Searching the MSI site with that model number shows a GP62 leapord pro laptop(there's two laptops that pop up.). Is this the same as the MS-16j5? Comparing the specs with the eBay listing, it all looks pretty similar, minus the SSD(mine doesn't have an SSD, maybe it was taken out?) and the screen size on the MSI site says 15.6", vs. The eBay listing saying 15.5". (As far as I can tell, I may have missed something?) I think it may be a mistake on the sellers behalf.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm also in the process of asking the seller for more information, figured posting here won't hurt anything. (Shrugs). Here's a copy\paste of the item description from the eBay listing.

This auction is for a pre-owned MSI Ms-16j5 G Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 15.5" / i7- 6700HQ / 16 GB / 2.60 GHz / 1 TB / Win 10 / 64-bit operating system, x64- based processor Gaming Laptop.

Feb 25, 2018
UPDATE! I did some more research and it appears the MS-16j5 is actually related to the motherboard.( I think.) So, I suppose it could be a GP62, although i'm not 100% sure which model it is exactly, as the MOBO could be used in many laptops. I'll just wait until it arrives in the mail, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.