[SOLVED] Need help identifying the problem with my GPU please help!!

Feb 20, 2022
My GTX 970 starts to downclock when in high demand areas or in general when playing games sometimes it downclocks very low or just a bit and it never clocks up unless I open like the menu I also never tampered with it no overclocking everything is stock and this starts to create bad fps drops in areas in games or bad stuttering for me I monitored using MSI afterburner and tested on witcher 3 and you'll see what I mean through this video.

Also when monitoring in GPU-Z I don't know if my GPU is supposed to do this but one of my 6 pin connectors isn't drawing the same amount of power as my other one

Just need to know how to fix this or if my GPU is dying or my PSU is

These are also my pc specs:
EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0
Intel Core i5-10400F
B460M PRO-VDH WIFI
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4
Thermaltake 850w

Last edited:
Solution
D
If you have a spare power supply you could test with it and rule out the power supply. Maybe you have a friend who has a power supply you could use to test with? Then at least you know whether it’s the graphics processing unit

This could vary well be related to the power supply
D

Deleted member 14196

If you have a spare power supply you could test with it and rule out the power supply. Maybe you have a friend who has a power supply you could use to test with? Then at least you know whether it’s the graphics processing unit

This could vary well be related to the power supply

Solution