[SOLVED] Need Help if possible please

Jun 5, 2020
Sooo to cut a long story short I have the old corsair RM850 Gold and I've recently just bought the Rtx Nividia 2060 Super Gaming X, (built my own computer a good 10 years ago now roughly) with said psu and low and behold as life went on they've been stored somewhere super secure a place I can't remember so now I'm wondering do I try and buy a cable (can't remember what type it was 3 or 4) for this Psu for my graphics card or do I get the upgraded model? (if there is one) as I haven't bothered to upgrade my pc in a long time I'm just wondering does this psu have the power to run my new graphics card. Hopefully someone donning a Cape hiding their identity can help me here because I'm lost now many thanks.

Solution
Its been in my computer being used occasionally from time to time, that's why I've gone for an upgrade on some things extend the life a bit more but ultimately I'm now in the thinking of I don't want it to go bang and everything is gone so do I just upgrade an see what there is available
I would go for something a little lower wattage but just as good quality.
maybe an rm650i or hx650i if you want to stick with corsair.
can it run it? yes, easily so.
it has enough wattage and its a good quality unit.
should it? hm.. that psu is 10 years old and is probably near the end of its life
and when it goes, you dont want it to go while connected to your pc.

i couldnt understand the start of your post. was this psu just in your computer for 10 years or was it on a shelf?

Jun 5, 2020
can it run it? yes, easily so.
it has enough wattage and its a good quality unit.
should it? hm.. that psu is 10 years old and is probably near the end of its life
and when it goes, you dont want it to go while connected to your pc.

i couldnt understand the start of your post. was this psu just in your computer for 10 years or was it on a shelf?
Its been in my computer being used occasionally from time to time, that's why I've gone for an upgrade on some things extend the life a bit more but ultimately I'm now in the thinking of I don't want it to go bang and everything is gone so do I just upgrade an see what there is available

I would go for something a little lower wattage but just as good quality.
maybe an rm650i or hx650i if you want to stick with corsair.

Solution