[SOLVED] Need help in choosing a gpu

Jimmy1997

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
So i'd like someone to help me with choosing a gpu as i dont want to waste more money on a gpu that can burn my pc. Here are my computer specs:

Motherboard: ASUS A88XM-E/USB 3.1
Processor: AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.9 GHz
Ram: 4GB

My pc may be able to handle a graphics card which has a power supply of 180W however it would be a lot safer if i get one which has a power supply of 140W or 120W. I have found a useful site which has several possible builds for my pc but due to my pc being 10 yrs old its very possible the gpus of which it recommends have poor performance which is something i dont want and due to my power supply i cant run a good gpu. I can give you more information about my power supply if you want. Here is the site:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-A88XM-E/7254

Solution
The link lists your motherboard, not your power supply. I need to know what power supply you have.

The more powerful and higher quality your power supply, the better GPU you can install in your computer.

The problem is that your computer is not well-suited to playing games. Putting a GPU in your PC should be the step that comes after you have upgraded the rest of your PC to make it capable of playing modern games.

1. 4 GB of RAM is barely enough to boot Windows 10 to the desktop and have it run simple tasks. Also any modern game I can think of requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM, although 16 GB is considered the sweet spot.
  2. Your CPU is a 2 core / 2 thread processor. A 4 Core / 8 thread CPU is considered the...
The link lists your motherboard, not your power supply. I need to know what power supply you have.

The more powerful and higher quality your power supply, the better GPU you can install in your computer.

The problem is that your computer is not well-suited to playing games. Putting a GPU in your PC should be the step that comes after you have upgraded the rest of your PC to make it capable of playing modern games.

1. 4 GB of RAM is barely enough to boot Windows 10 to the desktop and have it run simple tasks. Also any modern game I can think of requires a minimum of 8 GB of RAM, although 16 GB is considered the sweet spot.
  2. Your CPU is a 2 core / 2 thread processor. A 4 Core / 8 thread CPU is considered the minimum to play modern games, with some games needing a 6 core / 12 thread CPU to run well.

So unless you upgrade your CPU and your RAM, a new GPU will be unable to do its job due to the supporting components not being able to run your games properly.

Solution