ForeverBjorn

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
So my current my PC specs are:
Tower: NZXT S340 elite
Mobo: Asus ROG maximus X Hero
CPU: i7-8700k
CPU cooler: NZXT kraken x52
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB 3000 MHz (4x8GB)
GPU: Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1080 8GB
PSU: Coolermaster G650M 650 watts Bronze

Hello, I'm currently new to overclocking and I'm wondering what voltage/clockspeed I should set for my processor. I am currently using my PC just for gaming and web-browsing and would like the CPU to last for another year or two. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would find out what the auto vcore is pushing to the cpu under full load. Once you know what the mobo is giving the cpu at stock setting try shaving a bit of vcore off that reading. ex if it pushes 1.25 manually set the vcore to 1.2. At this point lock the cpu clock at the all core turbo speed and test. If it works and temps are ok during stress testing start increasing the clock speed slightly and retest each time. At some point it will fail and you will need to increase voltage slightly and test again. Keep doing this until temps become a problem or until your voltage exceeds what your willing to put into your chip.

nicholas70

Reputable
May 15, 2016
I would find out what the auto vcore is pushing to the cpu under full load. Once you know what the mobo is giving the cpu at stock setting try shaving a bit of vcore off that reading. ex if it pushes 1.25 manually set the vcore to 1.2. At this point lock the cpu clock at the all core turbo speed and test. If it works and temps are ok during stress testing start increasing the clock speed slightly and retest each time. At some point it will fail and you will need to increase voltage slightly and test again. Keep doing this until temps become a problem or until your voltage exceeds what your willing to put into your chip.

Solution