Need help in PC (Read description for further information)

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
Recently i opened my pc and i saw this, "Rescanning files (and) Fixing files"
Afte that my pc is now on the desktop with all the icons, shortcuts etc. i though everything was fine until:
-It starts up (very) slowly
-Cant open all the files (except windows explorer) like: Important documents, powerpoint, word, one note etc., google, steam, videos, music and more
- Responds (very) slowly
- It wont' open the windows button (im at windows 10)

Solution
it should keep everything in documents, music, pictures, videos - the library folders. If you can, copy them onto USB just in case it doesn't work and you need to fresh install. It sounds like your windows is really sick so the reset may not work either. Try it though.

SYED MUBARAK MEHDI

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
Hi Melon, -- I believe your PC system files might got infected by virus, scan for virus. and also execute below steps.

Close any open programs on your Desktop 

Click on the Start button 

Click Run 

Type this command in the Run box: SFC /SCANNOW 

Click the "OK" button

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

Hello, i cant open run since the startup button wont work

Colif

Win 11 Master
does ctrl alt del bring up a blue menu with task manager as a choice?
open task manager
choose file, run new task
type cmd and before hitting OK, select Create the task with admin privileges

then try sfc /scannow and press enter

his instructions won't work as the Run he sent you too doesn't have admin access.

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

At first i tried the ctrl alt delete, i picked task manager. But it didnt open, so i waited for a few minutes and try again, now ctrl alt delete wont work as well

Colif

Win 11 Master
hmmm....

when you login, do you normally have to put password in or does it log you direct to desktop?

If you have to put password in, don't. Instead, look at the 3 icons in bottom right of screen, one is power
open the power menu so it shows sleep, shutdown and restart
while holding down the shift key, click restart

PC should restart and load advanced start up
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button on screen
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

is PC slow here? if its normal then the problem might be a driver on your PC. right click start button and choose device manager and see if any unknown devices or warnings

sometimes just booting into safe mode and exiting again can fix errors

another choice is restart PC again, come back into advanced startup like I showed above and run start up repair
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

If your PC auto logs into desktop, getting to this menu relies on ctrl alt del again and choosing log out as it will bring you to the login screen mentioned above. You may need to restart PC to get ctrl alt del working again.

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ << as this will let you copy files without windows acting dumb and stopping you. You might be best doing a fresh install so back up everything you don't want to lose.

Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

Thanks, ill try all of these steps and update you after this

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

So i did these steps ans here is what happened
1. Safety mode still goves the same results
2. Startup repair wont work as well it says
"Startup repair couldnt repair your pc . log file D:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.exe"

If i choose reset this pc and keep my files
Will all my important files will be there like documents, videos etc?
Because it says removes apps and settings but keeps your personal files

Colif

Win 11 Master
it should keep everything in documents, music, pictures, videos - the library folders. If you can, copy them onto USB just in case it doesn't work and you need to fresh install. It sounds like your windows is really sick so the reset may not work either. Try it though.

Solution

SYED MUBARAK MEHDI

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can do this through command prompt also.

click on start and type command
next right click on command as select run as administrator
now here you can execute the same command.
-----------------------------------------------

SYED MUBARAK MEHDI

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can do this through command prompt also.

click on start and type command
next right click on command as select run as administrator
now here you can execute the same command.
-----------------------------------------------

Melonator

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016

Already tried that, srttrail.exe blocks it

But yeah my pc has recovered already