Question Need help in removing virus..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2022
Hi friends, few hours ago I tried to installed a unknown software. One the install page, I found this suspicious and suddenly close it. But still it installed some virus in my pc.

1. It make my chrome "managed by organization". (It is solved after scanning through Malwarebytes)

2. Browser hijacked..Showing dif search engin. (I removed the suspicious extension, also removed from app data)..still showing..

3. Google.com is now showing google.com/webhp

3. Window search not working...(tried restarting window search, used powershell too)

Plz note that I am not an expert. I did these after searching in Google.

Please help me removing all virus. Sry for bad English.

USAFRet

Titan
Any way to solve the window search issue. I am unable to type in window start search.
A full wipe and reinstall will do it.

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Jan 3, 2022
A full wipe and reinstall will do it.

Can this be done without full wipe out. I do not want to reinstall window. Because it will consume lots of time and effort which I can't afford now.

Can this be possible with any technique: ike by any antivirus software....or delete/reset something in group policy/ registry....or by Any way...

USAFRet

Titan
Can this be done without full wipe out. I do not want to reinstall window. Because it will consume lots of time and effort which I can't afford now.

Can this be possible with any technique: ike by any antivirus software....or delete/reset something in group policy/ registry....or by Any way...
If it were me, I'd simply roll back to a previous full drive backup or Restore point.

What AV tools have you tried, and what was the result?

I've had good luck with this in the past on some customers computers, it doesn't install anything Free Virus Removal Tool | Free Virus Scanner and Cleaner | Kaspersky

I also would run the the TDSSKiller to check for rootkits, it also doesn't install anything Download Free TDSSKiller - Rootkit Removal | Kaspersky Lab US

And I'd also run the free version of Malwarebytes, it does install but not hard to remove Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Anti-Malware & Antivirus

Now I know some people will have an issue using Kaspersky since it is a Russian company, I've used them 2 tools from them for years and never had an issues and I myself would still use this despite the stuff happening over there, but yeah thats my opinion.

A windows reinstall will also work, just note if the virus got onto any other drive and you don't format, theres a chance it could reinfect the system

God Luck!

Reactions: debdon
Jan 3, 2022
3 ways to not run into this issue again:

1. Be more careful of what you download.
  2. If you must, have a known good full system backup to roll back to.
  3. Use a different physical system, or maybe a VM.
Never 'experiment' with your main system.
Thank you...I have got a good lesson from this experience 😊

Jan 3, 2022
I've had good luck with this in the past on some customers computers, it doesn't install anything Free Virus Removal Tool | Free Virus Scanner and Cleaner | Kaspersky

I also would run the the TDSSKiller to check for rootkits, it also doesn't install anything Download Free TDSSKiller - Rootkit Removal | Kaspersky Lab US

And I'd also run the free version of Malwarebytes, it does install but not hard to remove Malwarebytes Cybersecurity for Home and Business | Anti-Malware & Antivirus

Now I know some people will have an issue using Kaspersky since it is a Russian company, I've used them 2 tools from them for years and never had an issues and I myself would still use this despite the stuff happening over there, but yeah thats my opinion.

A windows reinstall will also work, just note if the virus got onto any other drive and you don't format, theres a chance it could reinfect the system

God Luck!
Now after system restore, all seems fine like before. Still I will scan it by all free available antivirus like you recommended. Thanks 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.