[SOLVED] Need help in Setup of Denon AVRX2700H Connected via my PC

Hello everyone been using Logitech z906 speakers with my PC right now which has Creative AE-9 Soundcard but i am not satisfied with the sound of it as it lacks base which should be proper not just booooming sound specially Detail and clarity from speakers

So i was just browsing and found out about speakers and SUBS i found on Amazon.in (I i am From INDIA) i looked into some subs and AMPS by Yamaha like " NS-SW050 SUB woofer" "Yamaha RN-803 Amplifier" i know its too much but not able to find any on amazon.in
I am not sure how to connect these with PC i can use the Optical or RCA output via my sound card but i am not sure how much good it will sound and more over i am looking for 2.1 Setup for now can i use 5.1 or 5.2 Ch Amplifier to output only 2.1 ? please do guide me other setup

like which AMP which speakers and which SUB

Budget i can spend total 1 lakh INR around 1400$ USD aroundish

Last edited:
Solution
Almost all of what you will hear out of a PC outside of specific apps (think Netflix) and some games is going to be plain old stereo sound.

According to your install location, desk size, room size, what else is IN the room (and so much more) can have a lot to do with actually having space to properly place surround systems.
There are a variety of "good" computer speakers out there for audiophiles but as you have already mentioned, they are often short of good deep bass.

I am a huge fan of Klipsch speakers and subs. According to just how far you wanted to take this (and the aforementioned space availability) you should readily be able to pick some of the Reference series drivers, a nice sub, and a decent Receiver or head end. I am...

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Almost all of what you will hear out of a PC outside of specific apps (think Netflix) and some games is going to be plain old stereo sound.

According to your install location, desk size, room size, what else is IN the room (and so much more) can have a lot to do with actually having space to properly place surround systems.
There are a variety of "good" computer speakers out there for audiophiles but as you have already mentioned, they are often short of good deep bass.

I am a huge fan of Klipsch speakers and subs. According to just how far you wanted to take this (and the aforementioned space availability) you should readily be able to pick some of the Reference series drivers, a nice sub, and a decent Receiver or head end. I am not sure I would attempt to spend on discrete pre/amp setup for this. There are a LOT of really good choices in the receiver space and I am not familiar enough with your market to suggest on availability.

Of note, Klipsch has a "ProMedia 2.1" system that is self powered, has the THX nod, and is a decent sounding setup for the price. I think there are some reliability issues in some cases as it seems to be a common point of discussion among reviews, as well as a healthy availability of the units refurbished.

Solution
If you want better sound than those Logitechs, the Klipsh ProMedia are good as above, they are a nicer set musically than Logitech ones.

Edifier S350DB is another nice 2.1 set

Also there are several decent quality powered sets that you can get a sub for, Edifier R1850DB have a sub out and you can buy a sub from Edifier to match them. Or just see if you like the speakers without the sub.

If you want better sound than those Logitechs, the Klipsh ProMedia are good as above, they are a nicer set musically than Logitech ones.

Edifier S350DB is another nice 2.1 set

Also there are several decent quality powered sets that you can get a sub for, Edifier R1850DB have a sub out and you can buy a sub from Edifier to match them. Or just see if you like the speakers without the sub.

well i have bought

Denon AVRX2700H as receiver

Dali E-12F Sub
Dali Oberon 3 for front speakers
Dali Oberon Vokal for center
Dali Spektor-1 for back surround speaker

Ill be using denon for audio only as for display ill use output via my GPU itself

now i am not sure which is best way to connect
via OPTICAL from my sound card
or HDMI from my GPU

and one more thing how to get full benefits of DOLBY surround movies from my PC? till now i was using klite media codec pack which is giving pcm output to my logitech speakers now things has changed so not sure what are best settings please do guide me