Need help in solving this error 0xc000000e

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
My computer is affected by this error since the past couple of months. I am not an expert, in regards to solving problems like these. So, the first time I encountered this problem, I gladly reinstalled the windows, only to find it re-occurring after some time. This happened couple of times before I finally gave up the task. I felt this recurring problem might be due to some faulty hardware/software.

First I got my 2 * 8 gb RAM examined at the customer service. It was perfectly fine as per them.

After this, I got my Motherboard replaced, But this did not solve either.

Then came the turn of the Processor, the replaced one did not help either.

Then I replaced the SSD on which the windows is installed, Installed a fresh copy of windows 10, only to find the same issue after some time.

After a comprehensive replacement of the main components mentioned above; I have a feeling that this problem will never be solved unless some expert over here throws some light on what may be the exact cause of this nuisance.

P.S - I have a AMD graphics card too which is connected all the time. I did suspect that it must be the GPU that is causing the error, but even after disconnecting it, the error showed its ugly face. So I have reconnected it back.

I even disconnected the secondary HDD, but this does not solve the problem, So I think my GPU and HDD is also fine.

other devices that i am not sure whether it can cause this kind of error are my Corsair power supply, many of the wires that connect the cabinet to the motherboard.

Can one of my 2 RAMs be the cause of this? (NO BEEP SOUNDS ARE HEARD)

Please help in resolving my issue, and I will be really grateful.

While watching movie, or playing music, the computer suddenly freezes, I am only able to move the mouse and hover it above the open window, The click cation , right click, nothing works, I then have to restart my sys. But when I remove one of the RAMs and restart, the PC starts normally. BUt RAM errors are usually accompanied by Beep sounds. Is this proof enough that it is my RAM only that is causing this issue. Or I might be forgetting something.

Colif

Win 11 Master
0xc000000e is a boot error. Not a very nice one at that, Inaccessible Boot disc...

What version of windows are you using?

You replaced ssd, motherboard and CPU.. not a lot left is there?

I wonder how they examined ram... you could run the free version of memtest86 on the sticks, one at a time. any errors are too many. Need new stick if you get an error

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

I am using win 10 installed on a brand new replaced SSD.

Yes I replaced SSD, Motherboard, CPU,

both my Kingston RAMs were sent to their service center for replacement/testing. I collected it 2 days later, they said it was fine.

I ran memtest with one of the RAMs on. After 4 passes no errors were detected. Tomorrow i will remove this RAM and have the other one tested. To make sure whether the problem is with the other slot/RAM.

For now i am able to work on the PC with the single RAM, praying that the error doesn't return.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
I did the memtest on my second RAM as well, but there was no error in the second RAM as well. So I think there must be something else that's troubling my PC. So what I did was connect both the RAMs and turn on my PC. It started normally, but as i was browsing the web the PC suddenly froze, I was only able to move my mouse pointer, which had by then turned into the round (hourglass) symbol.
I was forced to restart, after which I got the above mentioned error. So I shut down the PC, and started it back, it started normally. This is really crazy, and I am unable to figure out the cause of this error.

If anyone can please highlight what my the the cause of this error, you would save truckload of my time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i wonder if it acts the same in safe mode
from desktop, open the start menu.
open the power menu (where you turn PC off) and while holding the shift key, click the restart button
this will load you into advanced start up.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (might want to choose with networking) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Now try to do something it normally causes PC to freeze. Safe mode runs with limited drivers so it might tell us if problem is hardware or software. If it still happens in safe mode its likely hardware of some kind

If it doesn't happen in safe mode, try a clean boot and see if that changes anything - it will tell us if its windows or start up software causing problems

what power supply do you have?

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
I am using corsair cs650m power supply. Can it be causing this?
Is there a way to find out if any of my components inside are not compatible with each other.

I did tried your recommendation of using the PC in safe mode. But the problem did not show up. Since the audio drivers werent accessible in safe mode. I left youtube video playing in my browser. It never hanged. So is it the drivers thats causing the issue? Or the PSU is not able to properly manage the power distribution.
Can one of the many wires cause pc to freeze. As i said when it freezes. I am able to move my mouse pointer. But not much can be clicked. And inorder to get back working again i need to shut down my pc and switch it on again.

Tomorrow i will call the electrician to examine the switchboard. As the problem can be due to poor wiring in the switchboard. As i keep hearing small crackling sounds at some occassions.

Please guide.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Surprised we got this far without me asking for a list of parts

Drivers can cause freezes if they ask device to do something it can't and PC sits there waiting for a response. Depends where you hear the crackling sounds from, if it is the speakers it could be the audio drivers

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Intel Corporation DH87RL (CPU 1)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
119GB TS128GSSD340 (SSD) Transcend
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 (SATA)
ASUS DRW-24D3ST (dvd drive)
memory
----------
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2

I have deleted some of my softwares. like f.lux, foobar2000, reinstalled amd drivers, and now awaiting for crash. will keep you updated. In the meantime if you can go through the above info and inform if they are of any help.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
I am planning to send my PC to the computer repair shop, as I am tired figuring out, what might be causing this issue.

Most likely it has to be the PSU 650W. (any idea if the above problem has any connection to PSU?)

i would not provide him with the secondary HDD, on which all my personal files are stored. Don't want it to go into wrong hands.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry I haven't replied until now, do you have any USB devices attached to PC apart from mouse/keyboard,

When you installed win 10, did you install drivers for motherboard?

I will ask someone else, I feel I must have missed something as you replaced everything apart from PSU. How long you had PC? PSU is a 2013 model so should be young enough.

Try downloading HWINFO and run it, choose sensors only and scroll though your many sensor scores until you reach the Motherboard section. Can you share screen shots of the 12v, 5 volt & 3.3volt rails (upload shots to imgur and share a link)

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
No USB connected other than one common for keybrd/mouse.

Q: When you installed win 10, did you install drivers for motherboard?
Ans: Nothing manually, windows itself did everything.

Q: How long you had PC? PSU is a 2013 model so should be young enough.
Ans: I build my PC from scratch in August 2014

The link you asked for. There are 4 images one below the other.
http://imgur.com/a/NeVLz

Colif

Win 11 Master
it might help to go look at Intel site for your motherboard as there might be a newer BIOS than one that is on board now, and might be drivers that are newer than the ones Microsoft found. Windows does find drivers but they aren't always the newest drivers. Your board only has Win 8.1 drivers so it could have them already.

Here is a link to motherboard driver page, you will need to look under windows 8.1 since board has no win 10 drivers. there is a bios update showing there but you need to find out which version is on motherboard first.

So there isn't a section in the hwinfo page that says Motherboard? Your images show everything else but not board itself. that seems strange to me. Not in a "this is the reason" sort of way, more of a "that should be there" fashion.

Are you still getting the bsod? Or just the freezing?

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
It may freeze sooner or later. I dont get a BSOD as it happens, what happens is as it enters the freeze mode, my pc becomes extremely slow. I am able to move move cursor, but as soon as I click on any thing it converts into a circular hourglass. Then on restart I am greeted by the BSOD. However, my I shut down and switch my PC on, it starts normally.

I am updating my BIOS now. Hope this solves the problem, i will recheck hwinfo for MoBo

Colif

Win 11 Master
Might help to turn off Fast Start up, it will slow down boot times but will potentially keep the bsod away after a freeze.

its tied to audio in some way as PC worked fine in Safe mode and didn't freeze. So it is a software problem of some kind.

i know a way to get drivers to show themselves as faulty, have a look at the instructions for Driver Verifer - its built into windows and is designed to find bad drivers

run that test and when you get a BSOD, then run who crashed - it will create a summary of the error and show us a driver name hopefully

copy/paste any results in here

If it finds nothing, then I have to agree with you that its either the PSU or your case hates you (Last part is a joke, not a very good one but you replaced almost everything else)

edit voltages look okay to me. doesn't cross out PSU but makes it less likely

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
On Sun 29-01-2017 18:26:55 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012917-6328-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFF940852AC8000, 0xFFFFD981D87E1FF0, 0x2, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Bug Check 0x154: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
The UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x00000154. This indicates that the store component caught an unexpected exception.

I am sure that means something to someone

Both parts of error happened in the windows kernel
Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

Also might want to read the posting instructions on this site and ask their help as more there can read the dumps, I can't.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
As i was writing this post the PC again slowed down, No audio was being played. speakers were off. it finally did not let me do anything other than move my mouse pointer aimlessly. I had to restart my PC to meet with the same BSOD. I shut down and then switched on my PC.

who crashed it shows same results, it does not even acknowledge that system crashed.

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012917-6328-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)

Colif

Win 11 Master
PC freezing with NO BSOD means its not windows. It is hardware of some kind. The original BSOD you got could be from windows corrupting from the constant freezes. It never closes properly so it loses its mind. its easy to break it if a freeze happened at a bad time.

I don't know PSU well enough to know if it freezes it can be a PSU, I always assumed they would turn PC off or cause a restart if they are low on power/resources.

At this stage I would get someone to look at it. You can't keep throwing money at it. And I don't know what is causing it.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017

Sorry for replying so late, I had replied earlier to your post, but when I checked today it was not there, so i am re writing.

Even with one stick the issue was observed. I ran memtest 4 passes on each of the two sticks separately.
There were no errors detected after 4 passes.
Sticks are of same company Kingston 8gb each. They were bought together, but each came in a separate pack.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Saw one thread where the antivirus was the culprit,one where he hdd was the issue.

The first can be disabled or even removed for testing,the other can be tested with for instance the WD tool downloadable at their site.Other manufacturers have their tools too.

For the ram will it be good to know which one exactly to make sure it runs at rated specs. Also with buying in seperate packs means they don't come from one set which i call "seperate buys". This might give issues with having two sticks,even when from the same maker/model and specs.
For which ram you have can you look with cpu-z (freeware),under the spd tab should be a partnr. The hwinfo tool might give info too.

download hwinfo32,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "short text report",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons
You can just copy the memory info,maybe that the rest will help,the memory info is what i'm after now.

Reading the thread again and looking at the psu is that imo not the problem,that one isn't that bad.

RepublicTom

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
CPUZ shows part number matching for both sticks. http://imgur.com/a/poW6H

Also, I have uninstalled kaspersky. Changed the position of SSD in the case. Bought a brand new spikeguard to keep the hardware safe.
I have run the diagnostics for both SSD and HDD, they are OK as per their respective software.

I hope the problem doesn't show up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.