[SOLVED] Need help in solving why my new upgraded pc is freezing upon playing high demand games.

Dec 3, 2018
So I just recently upgraded my cpu and motherboard a couple of days ago and am having issues with it freezing after 5-10mins of gaming on games like R6 & Fallout 76.

Specs:

8GBs of DDR4 RAM
Intel I7 9700k CPU
Msi Z390 A Pro motherboard
GTX 1080 ti 11GBs
1 TB HDD
450W EVEA PSU

Now right off the bat the PSU is way under the require 1250W my pc needs yes I've already ordered a new PSU but until the new motherboard and CPU came in I still ran all my games plus more with the 1080 ti no issues but I also OC everything so it increased my 450W to a 500W.

I'm thinking the PSU is the problem but anymore brainstorming from yall would be great cause it really bugs me.

Thanks alot :)

Solution
you need to reinstall windows, you cant just swap the CPU and motherboard and hope it will work. what you want to do is create a USB win10 media installer and install win10. thats always a must when overhauling your motherboard and cpu especially if systemis already showing problems
you need to reinstall windows, you cant just swap the CPU and motherboard and hope it will work. what you want to do is create a USB win10 media installer and install win10. thats always a must when overhauling your motherboard and cpu especially if systemis already showing problems

Solution

TRENDING THREADS