Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Here is the motherboard,men,SSD,HDD,and opt drive for the system-

Mobo - ASUS P8Z68 V Deluxe/Gen3 with i5-2500K

Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16 GB 4 x 4

Patriot Memory PYRO 60 GB Solid State Drives PP60GS25SSDR

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s ST31000524AS

ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray Internal Burner with Disc Encryption, Black

I need help installing the SSD/HDD for the Intel Rapid response and then OS on which drive?

The mobo manual does not give clear steps other than to say its supported.

I'm thinking I need to connect SSD, HDD and opt drive to 3 of the 4 6GB/s SATA connections on the Intel controller (vs the marvel 2). But what to do next?

Install mobo drivers in BIOS?
Install Win 7 where? SSD or Hdd?

Any help available?

There is a lot of misunderstanding about caching. Intel developed caching for clients and businesses that could not afford a large capacity ssd. A few years ago when the concept was on the drawing board, Intel hoped clients and businesses would purchase a small 10Gb or 20GB ssd like their M11 for about $100.00. Microsoft Windows 7 and all software applications would remain on hard disk drives. The cache only produced a minor boost in performance. Intel hoped that once clients saw the slight performance boost they might be inclined to purchase a larger capacity ssd to get a larger boost in performance

Intel also researched the size of the cache. Intel determined that a 60GB ssd was the point where it made no sense to use the ssd as a cache for a hard drive. Instead if you have a 60GB ssd, then Windows 7 and software applications should be installed on the ssd to take full advantage of the ssd capabilities.

Prices for ssd's have changed. $100.00 will get you a lot more than a 10GB or 20GB ssd. Since you have a 60GB ssd it makes more sense to install Windows 7 and your software applications on an ssd. The ssd performance boost is much higher than the hard disk drive performance increase.

Windows 7 Pro 64 plus all the updates will use up a just a little over 20GB leaving plenty of room for software applications and a few games. Data files are stored on the hard disk drive.