[SOLVED] Need help installing a new GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2020
I'm new to the forums but I've been lurking for years so I know I can get some help here. Also, I know quite a bit about computers but not everything so I apologise if I don't fully understand.

Hi, basically I am trying to install my new MSI GTX 760 into my GIGABYTE motherboard, but need help with powering it. On the GPU, there's 14 pins total (8 and 6 pins), although I don't know if I need to use both. My second problem is I can't find a spare Molex connector connected to my PSU (ATX-500B Switching Power Supply). I've got an 8 pin to 2x Molex cable, but I have no idea where to plug it in. If there's any other way to power the GPU, I'd be happy to try it out. Thanks for any help!

View: https://imgur.com/a/jlTYny4
- pics of my PSU and GPU

Sep 15, 2020
From what I can see in the pics, your PSU is normal size (ATX). So you can pretty much get any ATX standard PSU. If you're getting a new PSU, I'd suggest you'd get something a little more powerful (like 600W or even 700W), just in case you'll feel like upgrading your GPU the whole system. This is a nice PSU, not too expensive, from good brand... But feel free to brows for anything that fits your budget.

Small warning: I don't know what case you have, so if I were you, I'd measure my PSU and make sure the new one you are getting have similar size.

Sep 27, 2020
From what I can see in the pics, your PSU is normal size (ATX). So you can pretty much get any ATX standard PSU. If you're getting a new PSU, I'd suggest you'd get something a little more powerful (like 600W or even 700W), just in case you'll feel like upgrading your GPU the whole system. This is a nice PSU, not too expensive, from good brand... But feel free to brows for anything that fits your budget.

Small warning: I don't know what case you have, so if I were you, I'd measure my PSU and make sure the new one you are getting have similar size.

I found another PSU that's got another 50W (650W) and I know Corsair make great products, so could you tell me if this would be any good? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078Y32P1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_l5lCFb4NP7E4P

Sep 15, 2020
It looks like a decent PSU with lots of good reviews. The only thing I'll double check is if dimensions fit the current case you're using (measure your own PSU). But, as with all things you get on Amazon - it could be a dud (regardless of brand and price).

Sep 27, 2020
It looks like a decent PSU with lots of good reviews. The only thing I'll double check is if dimensions fit the current case you're using (measure your own PSU). But, as with all things you get on Amazon - it could be a dud (regardless of brand and price).

If it is a dud, there's always Amazon's return policy for 30 days on basically everything so I think it'll be fine

Reactions: saltyGoat11
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS