Need Help Installing Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 Windforce

xeraphim

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
I finally assembled this build after about a year and a half of collecting the parts;

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 Windforce 2048MB
Case: Rosewill THOR V2-W ATX Full Tower Case
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (Purchased)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Everything is up and running, all fans are spinning, including the gfx card, but the card itself isn't being recognized by the system.

http://i.imgur.com/T32JO7y.png
(Unknown device?)

I'm not sure if that is even the card but I am assuming so. I've unseated the card and put it back in with no effect, I've tried simply installing the drivers from the geforce boot disc but it keeps freezing on the splash screen:
http://imgur.com/0dIJ9ml

The windows auto-find drivers could not find anything online.

I am wondering if the slot is messed up, maybe the pci-e slot driver is needed? In the first screen shot it also lists the "PCI Simple Communications Controller" I did try to load that up from the mobo boot disc but it didn't work either.

I'm wondering if this splash screen freeze is some kind of indicator? I'm unsure of which step to take next in this process. Any help or suggestion is appreciated, thanks!

xeraphim

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013

It's currently connected through the motherboard's hdmi slot.

iAboodz

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

This is why it's not being detected. Connect to your graphic card, and before you do enter bios and choose pcie as primary graphic. Or just connect your pc should auto recognise the card when it's connected

xeraphim

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
The system is apparently already set to PCI-E for video, and trying to boot up/switch the hdmi to the card only prevented display. The display still works when booted up through the mobo however. i tried switching pci slots as well but that also did not help. I did a little more searching and found this thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/320377-30-asrock-extreme4-video-card-detecting

This almost perfectly describes what is happening with my system, and the apparent solutions here were to simply install the drivers for the card, which I've attempted("No compatible hardware detected"), and to clear the CMOS... though its pretty vague and I don't have any experience with that operation.

(Edit) So I cleared the CMOS while the pc was unpowered, upon the first boot the system was still unable to detect anything in the pcie slot. I continued on to install intel vga drivers which took care of the pci communications driver error. The mobo still cannot detect the card in the pcie slot. I'm running out of options here it seems, which is making me nervous for either the processor in the card or the mobo pcie slots. I'm going to switch up the pcie slot/hdmi connection again to see if that'll do anything but i'm not feeling optimistic here :(