[SOLVED] NEED HELP Installing GPU in OLD PC

Oct 21, 2019
Here are my computers Specs its GPU is broken and ive bean meaning to install a new Graphics card to transform it to a low end gaming PC. I ve wanted to play Esports on it like Dota 2 maybe in high settings or pubg in low to mid settings witout having trouble with the FPS dropping. Its old GPU is called : Sapphire r7 240 2gb ddr3

Iam looking for a good budget 4gb GPU to install and can you give me a price range?

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZZjI8PN

Solution
You will need to crank that CPU for all it's got to keep up with a newer and faster GPU.

The RX570. You might have to upgrade the powersupply. A new cpu cooler and paste will allow some overclocking.
Google Delidding.. It's the same as my Llano apu, The paste under the heat spreader is poor and dries out after a while. Also you will want to sand the heat spreader on the bottom side with the ridges. (It's easier\safer than scraping the hard to get off silicone that's close to many tiny chips on the cpu package.) I used a mini utility knife and a automotive razor blade mounted in a metal holder so it limits how far it goes in. I carefully pushed the mini utility knife in the corners and then used the razor for the flat sides. If you...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Here are my computers Specs its GPU is broken and ive bean meaning to install a new Graphics card to transform it to a low end gaming PC. I ve wanted to play Esports on it like Dota 2 maybe in high settings or pubg in low to mid settings witout having trouble with the FPS dropping. Its old GPU is called : Sapphire r7 240 2gb ddr3

Iam looking for a good budget 4gb GPU to install and can you give me a price range?

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZZjI8PN

Whats your budget? Also please list out your PC's mobo so that we can make sure the GPU's we suggest will work. We also need to know what PSU you have to make sure it'll supply enough power to your system and new GPU.

need4speeds

Distinguished
You will need to crank that CPU for all it's got to keep up with a newer and faster GPU.

The RX570. You might have to upgrade the powersupply. A new cpu cooler and paste will allow some overclocking.
Google Delidding.. It's the same as my Llano apu, The paste under the heat spreader is poor and dries out after a while. Also you will want to sand the heat spreader on the bottom side with the ridges. (It's easier\safer than scraping the hard to get off silicone that's close to many tiny chips on the cpu package.) I used a mini utility knife and a automotive razor blade mounted in a metal holder so it limits how far it goes in. I carefully pushed the mini utility knife in the corners and then used the razor for the flat sides. If you hit the tiny chips that are close to the silicone it's toast. I also sanded the top of the cpu spreader and cpu cooler bottom by taping a sheet of 240grit to a flat table and also a sheet of 600 grit to finish it. After carefully mounting the cpu cooler with the spreader+new paste i used a coffee stirring stick to put a small blob of silicone on each corner of the cpu spreader to glue it in place. (make sure it's set even all around)
Some of the new cpu pastes out are way better than the old stuff was. I got a 25+C drop in temps doing this.

NOTE:DELLIDING THE CPU HAS RISKS OF COURSE. (You can also just put the bigger cooler on it and it will still overclock fairly well without doing the delidding part.) This shows it will gain a extra 100-200 mhz with less voltage and lower temps with a delid. The A6-7600 uses a similar paste+spreader to the 2400G.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12640/amd-ryzen-delidding
When overclocking via the fsb(BLCK), you will have to manually set the memory speed down because it follows the fsb. Also the memory will need a bit more voltage. The Cpu will need more voltage something like a extra 0.10 volts. They are known to go to about 4.0ghz to 4.7ghz. There are some things like disabling turbo core and power management that help with overclocking.

The Coolermaster cooler comes with their paste, that's pretty good. The cheaper coolers like the Gammax 400 ship with cheaper paste so it ends up being the $20 cooler+$8 paste. The Coolermaster also upgrades your system to RGB and it works with future cpus like the Ryzen and newer intel cpus too.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P TUF Gaming Edition 53.38 CFM CPU Cooler ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 4 GB RS XXX Video Card ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($50.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $225.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-21 03:48 EDT-0400

Solution