Need Help Installing Software - Receiving .NET Runtime Error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jacenbourne

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
Hi all,

I was really excited to come home from work today and see the nice brown package left for me that contained a Cessna Trim Wheel and 2 Saitek Pro Flight Instrument Panels... you can imagine my disappointment when I cannot get the Instrument Panels to work (the Trim Wheel works fine!).

System Stats:
Windows 8.1 (64 bit) running .NET Framework 4.5
RAM: 16 GB
CPU: Intel i7 (3.8 Ghz)

The error I'm getting is screenshotted here: http://imgur.com/Hs6gNQr . Everytime I run the setup from the included CD, I get that error. I've tried running it in compatibility mode for XP SP2 to no avail. I have tried installing the .NET Framework 2.0 and when I run it I get a windows error (my thoughts are that it's because it's not compatible with Windows 8 since 2.0 is from XP...). I've emailed the company to help, their first response was, "Download and run the .NET Runtime 2.0" (that was it, after explaining in the email that that wouldn't work and I had tried) so I'm trying to find a possible alternative fix.

When I get home from work, one of the things that I am going to try is seeing if I can install 3.5 and then turn the feature on/off.

I downloaded the latest drivers from Saitek's website and installed them, but that doesn't include the SST Programming Software, which is what has all the gauges...

Help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
- Jace

jacenbourne

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014

Alas, no such luck :| . The Trim Wheel software just has the SST Programming software for the x axis it uses.

jacenbourne

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014

Hahaha, so far that's been my best solution. Partition part of my hard drive and install XP on that part then run all my flight sim gear off of that part of my HDD. Hopefully without screwing anything up in my BIOS.

with these new touch screen operating systems designed for hand held devices, I think the devs forgot what a PC is and what the user needs to run on it.

i still have xp on a couple of machines. only good operating system that will run all my apps without problems. and if you're into production it means a lot not to have to re-learn how to use things and it's good to have ease of use.

instead of partition......... why not just install a new HD and run it separately?

jacenbourne

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014

Yeah... I got Windows 8 when I built my PC to future-proof it a bit. Plus, I had a few techs assured me it was as stable as 7, just had a learning curve with the Metro UI. Apparently, it's not so stable... I liked 7 though. Vista... Vista can die a thousand painful deaths.

LOL, yes. I have Vista here and know I should install it on something............ some day. ran it for a while and you're opinion hit's the nail on the head.

TRENDING THREADS