Need help installing Windows 7 64-bit

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I bought a Windows 7 32/64-bit from Ebay and I’m having problems doing it. I tried doing it last night and this is what happened:

yIbRjKUl.jpg

I have never see anything like that before and I wasn’t able to boot back into my System The next day I downloaded DBAN and wipe my HDD to try to Install the 64-bit version of Windows 7. However, that didn’t go too well I was able to install the 32-bit software but the Product key didn’t work I had to use key from the OEM I had from a another windows 7 for it too work. Anyway I put the CD into another PC and found this:

DrinRpSl.jpg

I didn’t know what it meant but today I figure it out , What I bought was an upgrade version of windows 7 for vista this might be the reason why the 64-bit version locked up on me. Now I don’t know what to do maybe you can fix this problem.

USAFRet

Titan

There is no fix.
It needs to see an installed Windows Vista.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

You think that the guy that I bought this from could've said like that? I have a windows Vista (a Dell version of it) but it will only work with a dell PC.

USAFRet

Titan

The hazards of buying a Windows license from ebay or other off channel sales.
Maybe time to cut your losses and buy a valid OS from an authorized retailer.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Looks like I have to sell this or return to him for a refund those are my only two choices now.