Question Need help installing windows on a HDD i managed to revive with luck

May 1, 2019
So i own a pc with 1tb seagate HDD internal, 2 days ago i was moving and i dont know what happened but when i set it up at new place it wouldnt boot, went to a local repair shop and he said the hdd was corrupt and gone completely and i need to replace, i just brought my tower back home cos i couldnt buy a new hdd yyet but i have an external hdd 1.5 tb seagate on which i ended up installing windows10 using WintoUSB Ssftware so i could boot my pc and atleast watch some vids n stuff till i buy a new hdd, then i noticed in disk management while i was crying over my "apparently dead hdd" that it showed offline yet it was being detected by my pc so i managed to get it online again by rightclicking it, once it came online i noticed my former c drive was corrupt and i had to format immediately to go any further, i did that and then my former d drive appeared as well, which had all my old stuff no lost files, i was overjoyed that i managed to get my stuff back, i ended up formatting the c drive which was corrupted and it is empty n clean now, but i am unable to install new windows on it with the usb drive method it still shows up as "insert bootable media" what am i doing wrong to install windows on this hard disk? is there an easier method? also the disk management shows my hard disk sectors to be healthy in all partitions so im sure its not the problem with HDD, but i may be wrong, any suggestions welcome
p.s. im a peasant not really into pcs just know some basics
EDIT: alright so after a lot of time wasted i figured out that the shop that sold my friend this pc has actually run a scam and sold him a used hard disk which i ended up buying a year ago, after using diskgenius i noticed that the damn hdd has run for 31000+ hrs and has been booted up 2138 times in total, the bill says its purchased brand new on 2017 january, how can it have run 31k hours in the span of 2 years, logically impossible, and even if it was running non stop for 2 whole years and 3 months it still wont break 15k hrs even, so yea i got scammed and got a used hdd which is probably run its life and is no more usable so rip HDD.
Also i used HDD regenerator and it successfully repaired all bad sectors but windows still unable to install as disk is failing error, guess im screwed.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019
You can create bootable media here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

With the "how" aspect covered off in detail here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3567655/clean-installation-windows.html

Definitely backup any data you cannot afford to lose before proceeding.
hey thanks i followed the steps but i guess my hard drive is really failing. On the setup page of windows installation from usb method when prompted to select the hdd to install windows it says it cannot install windows on the partition as disk may fail soon. "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The disk may fail soon. If other hard disks are available, install Windows in another location" error to be specific. So i installed HDD regenerator and im trying to repair bad sectors of my hdd, im really hoping to continue using this cos prices for new hdd is expensive in my country and idk how il fit this into thismonths budget XD. Thanks anyway and if you have any suggestions of what i can do next it is appreciated. :)

May 1, 2019
You can keep scanning until the bad sectors stop showing up or the drive completely fails.
Hey thanks, i scanned and repaired all sectors, still cant install windows so ya im just using it as storage for some unimportant stuff now, installed windows on a external hdd and using it for the while till i get a new one.

normally, once bad sectors begin appearing, you can only work around them, and more often than not, more will soon follow...; with new 1 TB spinners available for $45, and 500 GB SSDs now only $69, playing with failing drives seems...a waste of one's time.

If one has data to recover, do so quickly, as, except for lots of practice troubleshooting future corrupt OS/data issues...playing with failing drives often accelerates total failure.