Question Need help keeping or returning a BenQ EW320U with Stuck Pixel

nabilelmjati

Commendable
Jun 27, 2018
Alright guys need your opinion on something.
i got a refurbished Benq EW3270u 4k HDr monitor for 360 euro including shipping. Upon inspeting the screen i found one stuck red pixel on the left of the pannel, about 4 inches from the bezel. It is only noticieable on white background and if i am looking for it. Cant really see it from normal viewing distance.
other than that pixel, the set is awesome, no noticieable light bleed either
Upon talking to the online website where i got it from they offered me 2 options:
1- return it and get a full refund
2- keep it and get an extra 60 euros discount, which will make the set costs 300 euros

If i go for a full refund i will buy the set from Amazon for 455 Euros. So thats 155 extra. Also here is no guarantee the new set will pixel perfect. Also i only have 2 days to get a set before i leave the country.

Is living with one stuck(not dead) pixel not really viewale for normal viewing distance for 150 Euro a good deal?

Also i tried all the software pixel unstucking solutions, tapping, massaging etc with no luck, so this is probbaly forerver.

One last question, can a stuck pixel reaaaally get unstuck with time? by itsel? as sony and nitendo clim on their manuals?

nabilelmjati

Commendable
Jun 27, 2018
It is annoying when u first see it. But now really doesnt bother me since i can only see it if i put my face very close to the screen. Im afraid to buy a new one for 150 euros more to obly get a set with a stuck or dead oixel or pixelsss!!! How common are these little buggers?

I would not waste my time on a pixel out on a 4k screen that you can only see with some colors when you are close to the screen.

It's like returning a car because when you drive 141.5 mph on Mondays the week after your birthday and make a U turn the tires are 20% louder.

Some things are worth fixing and bothering about, some are just wasted time for you and whoever has to deal with the return.

At work we had a new admin hired who complained about dust on her laptop keyboard, then a smudge on her laptop bag, then wanted her desk raised, then complained that one dialog box in one program in a specific section had a bit blurry text, also that a printer that printed her compressed PDF files had the output not as sharp as she wanted it. This same printer and print outs where fine for everyone else including our CIO for years. Let me tell you the names we call her in our area are not very nice.

Last edited: