Need help keeping track of location on one monitor when moving to second monitor please

May 2, 2018
Hi,
I need to be able to keep track of where i was looking in one monitor as a switch to look over to a different monitor (i have very poor eyesight and tracking things on multiple spreadsheets is very very difficult if i look away).

Currently I put a sticky note on my screen, but am wondering if there is a pre-made buyable thingy that clips to your monitor and is adjustable or something- i dont know what it would be called. Or (more preferably) if there is some way i can leave a identifier behind like an electronic sticky note or
a copy of my mouse cursor on the top most viewing pane.

Note- I work in a situation where it is VERY VERY difficult (though not impossible) to get authorization to download external programs, and they would need to be screened by IT first. I am hoping there is something built into windows 7 for a different purpose that i could utilize for my need. Do any Ideas come to anyone? Any help/advice is much appreciated, even if you just have a direction to point me in.
Thank you very much :)

Solution
Windows 7 actually has a sticky note program you can use but they go behind the application so won't help you mark something over the existing one.

Have you looked at getting a larger monitor, running at lower resolution to increase text size, using the Windows accessibility options like magnifier?

You may need to have someone construct a custom thing using a sliding ruler like this

41-6Xoh-yWL.jpg
Windows 7 actually has a sticky note program you can use but they go behind the application so won't help you mark something over the existing one.

Have you looked at getting a larger monitor, running at lower resolution to increase text size, using the Windows accessibility options like magnifier?

You may need to have someone construct a custom thing using a sliding ruler like this

41-6Xoh-yWL.jpg

Solution
May 2, 2018

The resolution helped with one program, and i think a can rig a sliding ruler to do the trick, good idea.
Thank you so much