Need help knowing what connection to plug a Water Cooler into

Sep 21, 2018
Ayo everyone, hope y'alls days have been going good and/or decent.

I am a first time builder , so all this may seem stupid, but i don't know which connection i should plug my Watercooler into on my motherboard.

Watercooler: Cooler Master MASTER LIQUID LITE 240
Motherboard: Z370 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard

Here is the link to an overview of the motherboard's Layout:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1330841/Msi-Z370-Gaming-Plus.html?page=25#manual

I was thinking PumpFan as well, it's a watercooler, but i was also thinking about CPUfan as it is the thing it is cooling.

P.S don't know what thread i should put it under so i put Motherboards

Solution
It depends. I've connected it with fans going to the CPU Fan header and the pump to either CPU Opt or Water Pump. My Cooler has one connection for the fans and one for the pump, and I've had it configured the way I mentioned above with no problems.

You will have to manually adjust the settings for the CPU Pump to run at full speed, and the fans as well, depending on your config. This can be done inside the BIOS in the Fans section of your board. This is important to do so that your pump is running at optimal full speed.

Do read the motherboard manual and cpu cooler manual so you can get familiar with your setup.

Good luck!

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
It depends. I've connected it with fans going to the CPU Fan header and the pump to either CPU Opt or Water Pump. My Cooler has one connection for the fans and one for the pump, and I've had it configured the way I mentioned above with no problems.

You will have to manually adjust the settings for the CPU Pump to run at full speed, and the fans as well, depending on your config. This can be done inside the BIOS in the Fans section of your board. This is important to do so that your pump is running at optimal full speed.

Do read the motherboard manual and cpu cooler manual so you can get familiar with your setup.

Good luck!

Solution