Need Help-laptop no longer will boot

G

I have a thinkpad 760xl that strangely enough tests out as a pentium 120 (not 166mmx.) I decided to visually id the processor and took the thing apart (bad idea for anyone out there.) I have worked on many desktops, this is my first laptop.

After putting it back together, on the first boot, it asked me to re-enter the time and date, began to boot, then stopped. The machine turns on, hard drive indicator spins, RAM is noted onthe screen along with the "Thinkpad" logo...and that is it. I know the mouse works, Ram is identified, the video works. and I can hear the hard drive spin.

Any idea where the hangup is?

G

wow. I hate to respond to my own post, but after just leaving the laptop on for a long while it booted.

Anyone know what I should do with this screw I have leftover from taking it apart and rebuilding it?

msbendts

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2001
He he he....

Send it back to IBM with a note about potential cost savings! Think of how much $$ they could save by cutting back by one screw on their ThinkPad line!

: )

Actually, the better answer might be for your to frame it as an accomplishment of your first successful laptop "operation"...

Mike

TRENDING THREADS