Need help! Liquid cooled PC; CPU idle 70c, and Cpu fan rpm 0

DrInsanity

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Please help, I've searched everywhere in tom's hardware, google and other forums and couldn't find anything :(. (Had this pc for 6 months, cpu temp used to be about 30c idle, even when overclocked to 4Ghz)

What I know:
Water cooling works, I can feel water in the pipes,
Fans are all spinning
All fan headers are connected
Tried turning off, taking plug out, holding power button 30 secs turn back on, no success.

Specs:
Intel core i7 4770k
GTX 780
MSI Z87 gaming mobo
corsair silent fans
corsair obsidian 800d case
8gb ram
1tb hdd

Additional info:
When I had gone onto the bios, the temperatures sprung up to 90c, then it turned off. I let it cool down for a bit and now it's a bit better
Headers have a 3 wires going into 4 pins, but they work
Worked fine when overclocked to 4ghz, same temp.
Oh and these are my other fan speeds:

CPU FAN 1: 0 RPM
CPU FAN 2: 1700 RPM
SYS FAN: 1732 RPM
AUX FAN: 728 RPM
AUX FAN 1: 1018 RPM
AUX FAN 2: 938 RPM

Sounds like the pump died. It can still work... sorta... if the pump dies. A cooler is so basic that that is really the only thing that can stop working. Heat moves naturally into the water on its own through the metal, that water just needs to be circulated through a radiator and dispersed by a fan.

What did you use to fill the cooler?

DrInsanity

Reputable
May 17, 2014

Is there any way to fix the pump? maybe clean it out or something? I filled the cooler with distilled water and blue dye (both from overclockers)

You didn't add an anti-corrosive agent or antibacterial solution? I think that may be your problem. You can try taking it apart and cleaning it thoroughly, but I would not suggest continuing to use it without those things. Otherwise, bacteria or chemicals can build up and wear it down. I would be very careful cleaning it if you don't know exactly how it works, you don't want to screw something up and fill your computer with water.

DrInsanity

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Well ive had it for 6 months and it didn't have any problems. also i got this pc from a friend who sold it to me due to an upgrade so i think it might have it.

Also, could you give me a solution to the cpu fan having 0 rpm?
I called my friend and he said that he had added an antibacterial to the liquid

DrInsanity

Reputable
May 17, 2014

I have two cpu fans, but only one of them is detected, and both are spinning well

DrInsanity

Reputable
May 17, 2014

sdfsdf