Need Help Making a BIOS Repair Flash Drive

Jul 3, 2018
So after a power outage a few days back my Acer V5531 laptop booted up saying “No operating system found” I’ve traced this back to most likely being a corrupted BIOS due to the fact that I can no longer enter BIOS with any key (I’ve spent days trying a ton of suggestions from sites) and there’s a continuous beep that repeats about once a second. I got as far as downloading the BIOS file for my model off the Acer website. My question that I’m hoping you guys will help me out with is how do I make a bootable flash drive to repair/restore my BIOS? I don’t believe there’s a way but another solution would be a flash drive that would boot directly into BIOS options. Thanks in advance

Solution
Hello,

Either your BIOS microcontroller is dead or BIOS battery is dead. Try measuring the voltage of the battery.
You will not be able to flash new BIOS.
You can take it to the repair shop and have them place new BIOS microcontroller or if it's battery you can replace it by yourself.

I hope this helps.

cyber-what

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Hello,

Either your BIOS microcontroller is dead or BIOS battery is dead. Try measuring the voltage of the battery.
You will not be able to flash new BIOS.
You can take it to the repair shop and have them place new BIOS microcontroller or if it's battery you can replace it by yourself.

I hope this helps.

Solution